Fancypants Baking Co.
Fancypants Baking Co. is a specialty cookie factory located in Walpole, MA, founded in 2004. The company produces a full line of shelf stable cookies for the grocery, bakery, and specialty departments of retailers nationwide. Products include seasonally rotating decorative and flavored cookies; as well as year-round varieties. We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our growing team. Candidate must have experience in food manufacturing and a proven ability to work at a rapidly growing company.
Operations Manager Position Description
Responsible for production planning, to include long term, medium term, and granular day-to-day scheduling. Leads the production team and departmental managers to excel; ensuring and enhancing performance, and exceptional quality. Focused on continuous improvement; planning and organizing for success; managing all production staffing; and controlling inventory production at correct costs. Is responsible for maintaining a vision for department teams, setting a positive tone, and creating an environment that fosters success.
- Lead production efforts to ensure day to day operational success throughout the facility while promoting teamwork at the highest level.
- Ability to prioritize, and follow-through to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Oversee employees’ productivity, with a focus on retention.
- Implement and enforce GMPs and HACCP plans, within the context of our BRC Audit.
- Develop and maintain department work schedules, to ensure maximal efficiency.
- Develop and maintain long term, medium term, and granular daily production schedules.
- Develop employee training plans.
- Ensure proper selection of new job candidates, collaborating with company leadership.
- Monitoring employee punch in/out times for shifts, breaks, lunches and any overtime.
- Recognize problems in production, reacting quickly and offering immediate solutions.
- Monitor all production paperwork to meet internal QA and 3rd Party Audit standards.
- Enforce and prioritize efforts to decrease food waste.
- Maintain a safety-conscious manufacturing environment.
- Create a positive work environment that rewards superior performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong basic mathematical skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years experience at a management level in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to build trust, provide direction, and a drive toward excellence and extraordinary results.
- Proven ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to thrive in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both oral and written and strong managerial skills including good judgment, planning, organizing, innovative approach to problem solving, motivate employees.
- Must have practical knowledge of FDA, HACCP, OSHA, and food production GMPs.
- Competitive pay, medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching, discounted cookies
** We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.