Director of Sales, East Region
We are the team behind the deliciously light and crunchy entertaining and snacking crackers, 34 Degrees Crisps. Our Denver-based company is looking for a stellar East Coast based Director of Sales.
OUR NEXT PHASE & THE ROLE:
It is truly an exciting time to join the 34 Degrees team! Over the last decade we have grown to be a leader in the specialty deli category with our core line of entertaining crisps loved by consumers across the country. It’s with the same passion that we enter our company’s next phase: an expansion into the snacking category. Starting with our line of snackable Sweet Crisps that launched in late 2018, we’re balancing our portfolio with an exciting new salty snacking line launching at Expo West in March.
As the East Region Sales Director, you will be an essential contributor to fulfilling the mission of 34 Degrees. This position is responsible for driving profitable sales growth across multiple regional retail accounts, including traditional grocery, mass merchandisers, club stores and natural stores. The role is also responsible for broker management, trade analysis, and overall strategy. This position is ideally suited for the candidate who thrives in an entrepreneurial culture.
ABOUT 34 DEGREES:
We are the team behind the deliciously light and crunchy entertaining and snacking crackers, 34 Degrees Crisps. Our company was founded by Craig Lieberman after he discovered a uniquely thin cracker while attending graduate school in Australia. The experience inspired him to create his own irresistibly crunchy crisps, which he named after the latitude of Sydney – 34 Degrees. Made with premium quality, simple ingredients, 34 Degrees Crisps are available in a line of versatile savory entertaining crisps and our new irresistibly snackable Sweet Crisps.
COMPANY MISSION, PURPOSE, VISION:
Mission : To invite everyone to live and eat in good taste.
Purpose: We inspire style and create delight in everyday moments.
Vision: To be the craving you reach for.
WHO WE ARE:
We believe that a workplace should allow you to be your most productive and creative self, with the full support of the people around you. Our team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture values authenticity, collaboration, hard work, results, and a light-hearted sense of humor. We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus, and long-term incentive opportunities. Our outstanding benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, PTO, FSA, 401(k), wellness, professional development, travel, and more.
SALES DIRECTOR, EAST REGION - RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Sweet and salty snacking line execution
- Achieve distribution growth and velocity targets for new snacking lines
- Support new and existing items with strategic marketing programs
- Execute on overall snacking objectives
- Maximize in-store distribution and velocity
- Grow sales while maintaining healthy margins in East Region
- Utilize analysis and insights to optimize merchandising, assortment, and pricing
- Work with broker partners to ensure strong execution of retail fundamentals
- Identify and share best practices across accounts and regions
- Develop and execute trade-marketing plan
- Work closely with Marketing support to build and expand sales
- Lead sell-in of national promotion plan to retail accounts
- Collaborate with broker partners to ensure effective in-store execution
- Identify ways to strengthen in-store theater and new product introductions
- Create detailed growth strategies and plans for major retail accounts
- Leverage market knowledge and data analysis to identify growth opportunities
- Lead joint planning process for retail accounts and broker partners
- Integrate 34 Degrees and retailer strategies for profitable, sustainable volume growth
- Contribute to the development of sales and trade function
- Build business relationships with key strategic partners
- Lead ad hoc projects to strengthen 34 Degrees processes, systems and capabilities
- Bring best practices for managing and evaluating broker partners
- Identify opportunities to further develop skill set, individually and as a team
- Energetic, high performing, and motivated sales professional with a positive attitude
- Results oriented with strong communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build solid rapport within all levels of an organization
- Proven skills in critical thinking, quantitative analysis and syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI/ SPINS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Genuine interest in natural products, specialty foods, and the grocery landscape
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Commitment to company culture and values
- 5+ years in branded food sales, ideally within the deli or snack aisle, with direct responsibility for delivering volume and dollar growth
- Direct account and retail engagement experience, required
- Direct broker management experience, required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, preferred
- Travel required 40-50% of the time, throughout the US and Canada
If you’re enthusiastic about joining our team, we’d love to hear from you! Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure that “East Region Sales Director – YOUR NAME” is in the subject line)
- Cover Letter: Specifically, tell us how you’ve achieved successful product launches through strategic sell-in programs and the keys to your success in food sales.
Thank you for your time, we look forward to connecting!