Senior Food Technologist, Alcohol Beverages
• Manage/coordinate flavor applications and associated technical support of diverse project initiatives for the beverage category, including alcohol beverages
• Develop beverage application bases to showcase Firmenich flavors and technologies
• Actively participate on technical selling team to develop strategic relationships and customer intimacy
• Be the go to person for all beverages technical and flavor solutions
• Create new beverage concepts based on trends for proactive presentations
• Project management - Manage briefs and champion required actions to meet project objectives
• Autonomously plan and execute day to day project and lab activities
• Participate in work sessions with clients
• Maintain an organized, clean and safe laboratory environment
• Facilitate lab maintenance, building and environmental safety standards as required
• Keep abreast of technical knowledge in terms of ingredients, formulations and processes relating to alcoholic beverages
• Leverage internal and external resources to bring insight, expertise and efficiency into project executions
• Establish and maintain network of pertinent working relationships with technical community
• Deliver presentations in a technical capacity to clients as required
• Maintain knowledge of beverage client’s strategies, brands and products
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science/Science/Science Technology or equivalent
• 5+ years industry/flavor experience working in the beverage category including alcohol beverages
• Demonstrated technical track record in flavor application
• Ability to travel to customers in North America
• Project Management experience
• Ability to multi-task various project initiatives and work stages
• Self -starter/operates autonomously with minimal or no supervision required
• Technical/professional knowledge and skills
• Experience/track record of building strategic network of working relationships
• Priority and decision making expertise
• Safe & ethical work standards
• A culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
• The opportunity to work for a company that cares about the environment and sets and achieves ambitious sustainability objectives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Subsidized Cafeteria!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!