Director of Supply Chain
Finding the right place to grow your career isn’t (over) easy, so we’re here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you’ll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the “way things have always been done.” Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you’re into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you’ll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, the Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for the leadership of our end-to-end supply chain, including supply & production planning, purchasing functions, co-manufacturing, and logistics across all distribution channels & product lines. This role will have an early focus on partnering with the VP of Supply Chain to build out the teams, processes, and systems needed to support an aggressively growing business. This is an opportunity to take your experience and knowledge and build a world-class supply chain. Additionally, you will lead the development of capacity and production plans, inventory management, and own supplier & co-manufacturer relationships management. Our perfect person for the role thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution, is an entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills, is results oriented, hires & develops great people, communicates clearly & concisely, effectively manages time & prioritizes projects to meet established deadlines, exhibits excellent judgment, and has relentlessly high standards. This is a great opportunity to grow with Vital Farms.
What You'll Do:
- Manage supply planning and purchasing strategy and execution, ensuring operational efficiencies across all channels of the supply chain.
- Develop/Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to create a transparent and competitively advantaged supply chain. Recommend actions to address challenges.
- Develop launch strategies for new customers and channels, ensuring a path that allows us to move quickly while improving margin over time.
- Hire, train and develop supply chain team to support aggressive growth
- Actively seek supply chain optimization opportunities & cost savings
- Actively partner with suppliers & co-manufacturers to strengthen & sustain relationships, maintain open communication, & ensure prompt resolution of issues
- Engage in cross-functional project teams for upcoming packaging changes & new product launches
- Work closely with Vital Farms cross functional team (Finance, Marketing, and Sales Teams) to ensure required capacity, production, and inventory plans are achieved.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering preferred. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in a high paced, fast growth, CPG company. Experience scaling process, people, systems to match trajectory of company highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing relationships and performance with 3PL vendors
- Demonstrated experience determining safety stock levels and cycling strategy
- Experience working in CPG; Food and beverage supply chain experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience increasing responsibility across supply/production planning, transportation, S&OP, 3PL Management, purchasing, etc.
- Ability to take on larger/broader assignments in future.
- A strategic thinker who sees the big picture but also thoroughly executes plans through a team of specialists
- Able to drive results, someone who leads by example and delivers on time results
- Ability to act independently with minimal oversight
- A good team player with sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company’s success
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast paced environment
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations.
What's in it for You:
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today Vital Farms THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 200 family farms, and selling into over 13,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.
Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.