Gnarly Barley Brewing
Gnarly Barley Brewing is looking for an outstanding candidate to join our righteously independent brewery. A passion for craft beer, with a desire to learn and grow along with the company’s expansion, is a must. The ideal candidate will have a natural ability to work well under pressure all while keeping a positive demeanor and staying on task.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversees all aspects of the production schedule, from creation to execution, to meet sales projections, and regularly communicates with relevant departments on progress.
• Develops and reviews quality standards with the team to ensure consistent beer quality.
• Ensures yeast management parameters are followed throughout the entire process.
• Collaborates with the Director of Plant Engineering on new equipment purchases/major expenditures to improve beer quality and maximize efficiencies.
• Working with the rest of the team to ensure on-time, in-spec and cost-effective delivery of raw goods and ingredients.
• Occasionally perform production/warehouse duties as needed.
• Work with sales team on order forecasts.
• Build pallets and order trucks.
• Develop and maintain continuous growth plan.
• Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures.
• Manage QA program.
• Manage new product cost calculations.
• Work with executive team on the highest levels of branding, vision and strategy as they pertain to operations.
• Responsible for facility maintenance (either directly or through contractors) including preventative maintenance.
• Proven experience as Director of Brewing Operations or equivalent position
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent communication and management skills; must possess ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties
• In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. brewing, cellar, packaging)
• Proven ability to multi-task in a surrounding of continual change; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate as a member of a leadership team and a leader of production teams. Acts as a team player, willing and able to roll up sleeves when needed.
• Capability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies, and achieve desired results
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles