Printer's Ale Manufacturing Co.
Printer’s Ale Manufacturing Company is looking for an energetic Brewmaster to lead our growing team. We are a thriving craft brewery in West Georgia with an emphasis on classic techniques and old school heritage. In that same space, we are constantly tinkering and experimenting – challenging ourselves to not be afraid to try new things. The ideal candidate has brewed a lot of great beer, is confident in his or her skills, has a deep appreciation for those that blazed the trails before, and is not afraid of change. Printer’s Ale is driven forward by a relentless drive to experiment and grow and we are looking for a person with a passion for making great things who wants to help lead our team forward. This position reports directly to the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing your hands-on skillset, oversee all brewery production ops to ensure the highest standards are continually met and improvements made.
- Build, develop, and mentor enthusiastic production team members.
- Maintain, develop, and manage SOP/KPI’s creation for all brewhouse / cellar operations
- Identify improvement opportunities in recipes, brewing processes, and quality assurance
- Formulate production strategies for new brewing processes
- Review weekly and monthly efficiency metrics
- Develop, implement, and evaluate improvement initiatives designed to facilitate greater production efficiencies and quality
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding facility and equipment improvement bids and logistics
- Participation as an active member of Printer’s Management team, developing brewery policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintain facility and ensure equipment is kept in optimal working condition
- Serve as a public face of the Printer’s brewing team, including attending impactful festivals, events, and conferences throughout the year
- Be an advocate, mentor and coach to a world class team of passionate craftsmen and women
- Ensure a safe working environment for employees
- Enforce compliance with local, county, state, and federal government safety requirements
- Bachelor’s or greater degree in engineering, food/fermentation science, chemistry, microbiology or related field required
- Diploma or certificate in Brewing from an accredited institution required
- Or any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- 3+ years supervisory or management experience required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a production brewery environment
- Expert knowledge of brewing processes, brewing science including fermentation techniques of ales and lagers, yeast performance, filtration/finishing, beer quality and sterile practices, sanitation techniques, and recipe scaling.
- Experience managing barrel aging and souring program, coolship, foeders
- Exceptional strategic planning and execution skills
- Ability to bring informed and innovative approach to getting things done
- Experience with project management and EKOS Software a plus
- Professional and proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical instructions to staff
- Acute sensory perception and training to distinguish differences in color, taste, and smell
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses)
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Additional duties may be required. Printer’s reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is salaried. Printer’s offers highly competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Printer’s Company Handbook.