JOB TITLE: VP of Sales
Papa’s Pops Skinless Popcorn offers a whole new popcorn experience. The only one of its kind, our skinless popcorn has no skin, or hull, thus making our popcorn much more safe and enjoyable to eat. Based in New York, we launched in 2019 and are available on Amazon and have confirmed rollouts in Walmart and several other national chains. Papa’s Pops contains no artificial ingredients, flavors, or colors; is gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher, and nut-free; and is available in a variety of unique flavors.
Papa’s Pops is recruiting an enthusiastic VP of Sales to join our poppin’ team with a solid background and extensive experience in building brands and a strong sales team, and leading strategic direction. Your responsibilities include formulating a go-to market strategy that increases customer awareness, distribution growth, and company profitability. You will manage day-to-day sales in partnership with the CEO and have experience collaborating cross-functionally with our executive team and advisors to ensure company growth and profitability.
- Manage and expand Papa’s Pops’ distribution channels and retail partners.
- Create and manage an annual sales forecast and achieve sales goals within an established budget.
- Formulate a pricing and channel strategy in collaboration with the CEO.
- Reach revenue, P&L and key business growth targets at the national level.
- Hire and manage a broker network to support brand growth as well as marketing programs and direct sales.
- Open new accounts and manage sales from end-to-end.
- Oversee contract negotiation and legal documents as it relates to sales.
- Identify market trends and develop action plans.
- Support and execute key project management procedures for new product launches and company initiatives.
- Build a trade show strategy, and along with the CEO and the rest of the team, plan and attend trade shows throughout the year.
- Submit a weekly account report, monthly calendar, and sales planner.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
- 10+ years of sales and business experience in the FOOD industry.
- Existing relationships with snack buyers at national retailers is key.
- History of launching new consumer goods, managing sales through a distribution network, and scaling for growth and profitability.
- Outstanding proven sales track record including experience in distributor management, broker management, key account management and execution of a sales budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
- NYC based position. Must be able to travel 30% of the time.