BOMANI Field Sales Manager
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client, BOMANI:
Three friends set out to create alcohol-infused cold brew coffee – a beverage that could complement their busy lifestyles. From the beginning, they were determined to create something that was healthier, tastier, and more convenient than any other option.
In dedicating countless hours to this creation, the three co-founders found their purpose. BOMANI’s purpose is to empower individuals who challenge the status quo. Challenging the status quo is not supposed to be easy, but BOMANI believes that people deserve to be able to work toward their purpose without sacrificing their social life or their physical health.
At 5.7% ABV, BOMANI is only 110 calories, 0g sugar, 0g carbs, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, vegan, and Kosher. BOMANI has been praised for its ethically sourced 100% Arabica bean cold brew coffee. From light coffee drinkers to espresso experts, BOMANI is widely regarded as best-in-class from a taste perspective.
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) serves as a dedicated sales resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Greenhouse Director of Field Marketing and the BOMANI Manager, the FSM is accountable for the development of the BOMANI brand in on & off premise channels. The FSM works closely with the BOMANI’s regional team and the respective distributor sales team to add value to both the BOMANI brand and the Distributor. The FSM will be responsible for the development of target account lists and the coordination of regional account placements. The position serves as the dedicated brand resource, whose mission is to extend and amplify the brand’s reach through education, trial and awareness at the consumer, distributor, and trade level. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have credibility within the Alcohol-Beverage industry and an understanding of the three-tier system.
Sales and Activation:
- Independently call on accounts to secure new placements for BOMANI
- Leverage relationships with up to 30 key accounts to obtain distribution, drink features, and menu placements. Account responsibilities will include:
- 80% on-premise
- 20% off-premise
- Conduct consumer and retail samplings and sales calls to build awareness and trial for the brand
- Facilitate brand education by serving as the primary contact for brand expertise and training at on/off premise accounts
- Identify local event opportunities within the market and key account universe to feature the BOMANI brand
- Responsible for growing distribution, driving PODs, driving volume
- Develop & drive effective pull-through programming, drink programs
- Integrate on-premise and retail programming, special events, social media, and PR opportunities to amplify on/off-premise programming
- Source for consumer/channel/competitive insights and provide local market intelligence to the client
- Create sales reports and communicate local brand information and events
Distributor Management and Interaction:
- Establish strong working relationships with the distributor sales teams by cultivating relationships, delivering business back to the wholesaler and being the go-to person for product, brand information, and Client processes
- Coordinate with distributor sales teams and Client Manager to ensure growing distribution for the BOMANI brand. Update the account lists on an as-needed basis
- Monitor Distributor inventories to help ensure timely ordering patterns for product and point of sale orders. Monitor distributor orders to maintain target inventories of product and POS at the distributor
- With the BOMANI team, secure and conduct sales meetings with distributor sales staff to launch new programming, brand and product training and incentive activities
- 2 years of beverage Sales experience; On-Premise, Alcohol-Beverage experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Has strong Business Acumen, including Microsoft Office, Professional communication, and Presentation development
- Ability to work with relevant social media channels and understand the brand’s social media strategy
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Must be willing to live in the focus market: NYC, New York
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in-person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client. Opportunities for promotion and career advancement to the client-side and to receive equity.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: Provides thorough communication with Greenhouse, Client, and Distributor contacts. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $70,000 – $80,000
Bonus Opportunity: 10%
Auto Allowance: $6,600
Communication Allowance: $2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K