Great American Turkey Co
Who we are:
At The Great American Turkey Co we appreciate the importance of eating delicious food, healthy food and food that is made right. We wanted to not just eat better ourselves, but to help Americans eat better too – and to make eating better easier and more delicious.
Thus, we created The Great American Turkey Co; a line of ready to cook turkey products crafted by James Beard Award Winning legends, made from Certified Humane® turkeys, raised on local family farms free from antibiotics, hormones and preservatives.
Our purpose is to help you eat better – better for you, better for the environment and better for the supply chain.
Our marinated turkey strips and better-for-you turkey sausages are sold at FreshDirect, The Fresh Market, Fresh Thyme, as well as 300 natural, specialty and grocery stores. And in February 2020 we will launch in 1,200 Publix with expanding distribution on the East and West Coast.
We are looking for a financial Controller to support financial planning and management in close consultation and partnership with the company’s CEO and Operations team. There is significant opportunity in this role to touch and improve all parts of the business (production, supply chain, marketing, sales), and day-to-day responsibilities will expand beyond the core functions of financial accounting. This financial work and optimization will lay the foundation for The Great American Turkey Co.’s national expansion and category growth. The position will report directly to the CEO.
Duties of Role:
- Drafting of financial statements
- Day-to-day management of QuickBooks and Bill.com systems
- Updating the general ledgers
- Weekly processing of accounts payable and receivable
- Accounts payable and receivable reconciliations
- Payroll management
- Managerial accounting:
- Cost and production batch analyses to drive efficiencies, in close partnership and consultation with the CEO and Operations team
- KPI reporting, in partnership with the CEO
- Finalizing end-of-month inventories and end-of-year audits in conjunction with Operations team
- Financial integration of acquisitions
- Tax compliance
- Investor communication relating to financial disclosures, investments, and year-end tax filings
- Sales data management
Who You Are:
- 5+ years relevant food or beverage industry financial experience
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel
- Passionate about growing brands, good food, and health & wellness
- Self-starter with proactive approach to the role and a desire to improve the organization
- A collaborative leader – willing and able to challenge others
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Analytical with ability to data mine and optimize
- Entrepreneurially minded, enthusiastic and self-motivated and driven to succeed