East Coast Sales Manager – Retail
We are a global coffee company, focused on selling engagingly executed and quality beverage products, and we are expanding to deepen our reach nationally across the USA. All products are 100% plant based with no added sugar. We operate within cross section of specialty coffee x wellness x plant based. We are one of the fastest growing coffee companies in the world and an exciting innovator with the ability to sell across regions and channels.
The East Coast Sales Manager – Retail. This is an executive position for a true sales gun with a strong strategic mind-set. You will have deep experience in grocery, and be a successful Territory Manager or Business Development Manager ready to make the next step. Reporting to the CEO, you will have success in building brands, and build a strong sales team and lead the strategic direction of the Grocery channel across all functions and create a vision for success. You are responsible for a go-to market strategy that will increase customer loyalty, distribution growth, and company profitability by continuing and building relationships with existing retailers, distributors and brokers across the retail/grocery channel. This role with covers a wide territory across all the Eastern States of the US, with primary focus on North East.
- Set and own the long and short-term strategic priorities for US within Grocery.
- Open new accounts and manage sales from end-to-end.
- Achieve mutually agreed sales goals by ensuring customers focus on our brand and creating advocacy.
- Build relationships with our key distribution partners and brokers within this channel.
- Hit revenue, P&L and key business growth targets at the national and regional level.
- Volume forecasting, inventory management, and ensuring continuity of supply.
- Maintain target margins for each product soldReview monthly account performance.
- Identify market trends and opportunities, and develop action plans.
- Begin to hire a team to facilitate growth within the independent grocery channel.
- Achieve mutually agreed sales targets ensure revenue and gross profit margin objectives are met
- At least 5 years sales & business development experience within the CPG industry
- Success in brand building at store level.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and deep understanding of early stage business
- Experience building out a team and managing staff and broking network.
- Specialized developing, owning and driving market-level KPIs at various levels of establishment
- Must be able comfortable in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Potential to manage up to 5 direct reports
- Able to travel 20% of the time
Compensation: Base Salary + Commission