M.S. Walker, Inc.
Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
What we are looking for: M.S. Walker is seeking a professional and passionate individual for craft spirits with industry experience. The candidate will develop sales within the craft spirits space directly and indirectly through M.S. Walker’s top-notch sales team. Education- impart creativity and portfolio growth, outline and act on market trends, strategies and programs. Develop training modules for Sales Teams to drive and maximize M.S. Walker’s position within the marketplace. Assist in curating the spirits portfolio.
- Quarterly Sales Quotas - Work with manager to attain quarterly spirits goals. Direct account work with and without reps towards achieving monthly goals as well.
- Spirit Supplier Relations: Point person for spirit supplier brand reps in the trade to coordinate visits and key accounts.
- This position will have multiple work-with days per month to build brand awareness and deepen relationships in the trade.
- Supplier trade activations and industry events.
- In house events and training
- Manager Key Account List: Responsible for managing a fluid account target list determined in collaboration with sales and portfolio manager based on personal relationships and company needs
- Weekly Reports: Responsible for updating manager on weekly progress, account calls, and actionable follow-ups
- Spirit Presentations and Education: Regular presentations to general team to continue and reinforce education. Leadership and ownership of the MS Walker spirits portfolio.
- Menu Development: Work with sales managers and sales reps to assist in cocktail menu creation.
- Assist in selection of new suppliers, source and develop relationships with potential suppliers
- Manage Spirit Sample Library at NYC and New Rochelle offices
- Research trends in market to influence MS Walker position
Who you are: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to be successful in this role:
- 2-5 years’ Sales or Beverage Specialist experience
- Proficient with MS Office programs – outlook, excel, word
- Attention to detail and organization a must
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. occasionally
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Frequently
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Frequently
Reach Overhead: Occasionally
Use of Computer: Frequently
Verbal Communication: Continuously
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily
Benefits: We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K program
- Flexible spending options
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wellness programs and discount fitness memberships
- Employee Assistance Program