Convenience & Food Service Business Manager- US
Riverside Natural Foods Ltd. (Home of MadeGood)
We believe the choices we make affect the people around us. Positive choices have the power to inspire goodness in others and we like to lead by example. We value and respect the relationships we have with our employees, customers, suppliers and consumers and like to leave the communities we work with better than we found them. You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
Fresh, innovative, positive, forward thinking. Riverside Natural Foods is a young company manufacturing award winning, organic, allergen free snack foods. Ours is an open, friendly, very busy and fast-paced work environment where everyone goes above and beyond in true Teamwork so we can continue to excel. This amazing culture is reflected in our recent employee engagement score of 92%!
We continue to grow and today are looking for a committed, talented, star to join our team as our Convenience & Food Service Business Manager- US. This position is newly created to help us continue to meet increasing requirements and sales objectives.
Riverside Naturals Foods is home of two brands: MadeGood (granola snacks), GoodTo Go (keto bars) and has a close relationship with Pet Pal (vegan, human grade dog treats).
Riverside Natural Foods is B-Corp certified, Triple-Bottom Line, zero waste, and Canadian owned and operated. Are you interested in working for a fast-growing, socially conscious company which lives by corporate core values of Teamwork, Humility, Respect, Ownership, Adaptability, Passion and Fun? If so, please see the job description below for more information about our Convenience & Food Service Business Manager- US.
Purpose of Position
The Convenience & Food Service Business Manager- US is responsible for building the business within Gas & Convenience, Food Service, Military, Drug, Value, Hardware and other alternative outlets.
Duties & Responsibilities
Driving sales growth for Riverside:
- Demonstrate and uphold Riverside’s core values, mission and vision
- Establish trust and confidence with prospective customers, building advocacy, networking within an organization
- Build relationships within multiple levels of the customer organization
- Budget responsibilities for each channel
- Develop and drive strategic plans to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Monitor competitive and market activity
- Compile and review quantitative sales data and react rapidly to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities
- Execute corporate presentations
- Present products and programs
- Offer data based, solution oriented selling approach
- Discover and prospect for new opportunities
- Manage broker and distributor partners as well as other sales agents
- Develop and implement pricing strategy
- Plan promotional schedules
- Collaborate on marketing programs
- Effectively manage trade spend
- Communicate account activity/results via internal processes
- Conduct business reviews with top accounts
- Attend designated trade shows and events
- Any other duties as assigned
- Travel may require 50% +
Education & Qualifications
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience in organic /natural foods along with experience in various aspects of the food service industry
- College Degree or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable success at creatively solving problems and implementing those solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong listening skills
- Strong team work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational, and time management skills
- Intermediate level of computer and technical skills with an emphasis on MS Office Suite
- Ability to adapt communication style based on the audience. Ability to communicate in a clear and professional way, both written and verbal
- Use syndicated data
- Tech savvy with apps and sales related software
- Energy, passion, ambition, competitiveness
- Integrity, excellent professional ethics
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with key business partners
- Proven ability to make decisions based on a mixture of information, analysis, experience and judgement
What We Offer
- MadeGood and Goodto Go products at employee prices
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits and long-term disability with all premiums paid by the company
- 401K Match
- Tuition assistance
- Values-based leadership
How to Apply
If you believe that a fast paced, creative, friendly and entrepreneurial environment at a company with a commitment to excellence is the place for you and if you have the attitude and experience we need, then please click the apply button or send your resume to careers(AT)riversidenaturals.com with the subject line Convenience & Food Service Business Manager- US.
Riverside Natural Foods is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you have a disability and require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know when you apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted