Chief Commercial Officer
Slingshot Coffee Co.
ABOUT SLINGSHOT COFFEE CO.
At Slingshot Coffee Co., we take pride in crafting our Cold Brew, Coffee Sodas & Cascara Teas with passion, knowledge & innovation to create a distinct beverage experience for anyone who enjoys our products. We strive to create a company, working environment and team that is inclusive, accountable, inspiring, positive & results-driven, while building a brand that is built to last and reflects Slingshot’s values of Quality, Innovation and People.
Already established as one of the strongest brands among the Cold Brew Coffee category, Slingshot Coffee Co. is entering a critical growth stage and building a team that will work toward achieving defined goals individually and as an organization.
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will focus on optimizing brand strategy, and driving sales and distribution to grow the brand and products to scale in an accelerated timeline. The CCO role is multi-disciplined, incorporating sales, finance, marketing, insights, analytics and innovation responsibilities for the brand, with demonstrated ability to build a strong team and culture. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of thriving in an entrepreneurial, dynamic start-up environment and can work collaboratively in a Founder-driven company, contributing a keen eye for identifying problems and opportunities, with sound response skills to aggressively address each. The CCO will be high profile with market knowledge of key accounts, distributors, sales partnerships and influencers.
Environment + Culture
- Be a proud champion for the Slingshot brand, it’s values and vision both internally and externally
- Understand the unique vision & perspective of the Founder in a way that builds mutual trust, partnership and respect in order to collaboratively accomplish the goals and objectives that support the company’s growth
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, leadership and integrity across all levels of the organization, and foster attributes in the team that encourage personal and professional growth
- Shape performance standards by selectively crafting and nurturing a team that strives for excellence across all functions of the business, and breathes idea-driven, creative and collaborative resourcefulness
- Demonstrate exemplary executive communication skills: impeccable written and oral communication credentials, strategic influencing skills, and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Collaboratively lead the development of business strategies that will successfully drive Slingshot’s revenue growth, profitability, and competitive success
- Collaboratively develop marketing plans for each of the lines within the portfolio
- Drive development of strategic sales plans for each of the lines in the portfolio, including channel, retailer, sku assortment, and pricing using insights and contributions from the Sales Team
- Work in tandem with CFO partner to develop organizational budget strategy
- In tandem with Founder/CEO, interface with our Strategic Partner, Board of Directors and Investor Partners for planning, presentations, and ongoing check-ins
Daily Business Operations
- Ability to thrive in an intense setting to achieve both short- and long-term goals; drive and successfully execute an agenda in a fluid environment
- Serve as primary point of contact for all budgetary needs within the organization
- Directly manage Sales Team to provide guidance on successful plan execution
- Build and leverage the capabilities of the Slingshot team
- 7-10 years of successful commercial experience growing a consumer goods brand
- Experience in a start-up environment, with beverage experience a plus
- Team-building experience
- A combination of budget management experience, sales management experience, marketing management experience
- A genuine desire to embrace the privilege of leadership within a growing a team, culture and brand with ambition, focus, creativity, motivation and empowerment.
Please submit a CV and brief Cover Letter explaining what makes you a good fit for the Slingshot Coffee Co. team. The deadline for applications is December 15, 2019.
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled accordingly.