Advanced Cook - Housing Available - Full and Part-Time
HOUSING AVAILABLE - No deposit required!
Full Time and Part Time Scheduling Available
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of enthusiastic culinary professionals in a fun, resort based environment. The Experienced (Advanced) Cook supervises food preparation and production for various shifts in either a quick serve, or fine dining location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers at all times.
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking sauces, soups, and main dishes.
- Butchering meats, poultry, and fish.
- Assist with proper plating techniques.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheeses, etc.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving and storing.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture, and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
- Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
- Additional tasks as assigned, based on individual experience.
- High School diploma, or GED – required.
- At least two years food preparation and service experience – required.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations – required.
- Previous supervisory experience – preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods – preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Food Handler’s Permit – required.