Cook - All Experience Levels (Mountain Dining)
- The Entry Cook is responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients, etc. May use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or sauté station and be responsible for set up of assigned station. May be responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote meal sites for preparation.
- The Intermediate Cook functions as an experienced cook, responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and sautéing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.
- The Advanced Cook functions as very experienced cook, responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new recipes and menu items. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
- Individuals who are passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- English Proficiency
- Able to work the entire season (November– April)
- Some experience in food and beverage or guest service – preferred
- Weekends and holidays required.
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per week
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)