Digital and Shopper Marketing Manager
Clasen Quality Chocolate
Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of chocolate and confectionery coatings. CQC maintains a professional, supportive work environment where teamwork is the key to our success. Working for a privately-held company provides you with the opportunity to wear many different “hats,” make a difference every day, and have fun doing it! We are committed to being an Employer of Choice in Southern Wisconsin and offering our employees a variety of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for a Digital and Shopper Marketing Manager at our Corporate Office on the East side of Madison, WI, ranked the “#3 Best Place to Live” by Livability.com
The Digital and Shopper Marketing Manager will support CQC’s two brands: Artisan Kettle® and Bake Believe™. Artisan Kettle® is a brand of organic baking chocolate that launched in the fall of 2016 and is currently the fastest growing brand in the organic baking chocolate segment. Artisan Kettle is sold in stores nationwide and online. Bake Believe™ is a brand of no sugar added baking chocolate that launched in August of 2019 in select Walmart stores across the country. In the first few months following launch, Bake Believe™ has built a large, loyal following and is poised to become the fastest growing brand in the entire baking category.
The Digital and Shopper Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of digital marketing, e-commerce and shopper marketing initiatives for CQC’s brands. This position will focus on driving online sales through various properties, enhancing the online customer experience and producing effective digital advertising campaigns. This role will also support other key brand marketing initiatives, including retailer-specific marketing plans, sales driving tactics, and creation of sales and marketing materials for retailer presentations and tradeshows. Reporting to the Brand Manager, this position requires both day to day execution and strategic thinking in order to accomplish brand objectives through various marketing channels. The Digital and Shopper Marketing Manager will adhere to and presents oneself in all business settings in line with CQC’s Mission Statement and Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all digital marketing programs, including display, social, websites, SEO, paid search, affiliate marketing, Amazon advertising and email marketing. Provide direction to external agencies where needed to get great work done on time and on budget.
- Utilize creative thinking and data driven strategies to develop digital programs that will strengthen the consumer journey and grow the e-commerce business, specifically on Amazon, retailer websites and the brands’ websites, including managing an online sales fulfillment vendor.
- Manage listings and related reporting analytics on external marketplaces such as Amazon.
- Monitor and analyze data and performance for lessons learned in order to recommend improvements for the website, media campaigns, and product assortment.
- Develop strategy for online marketplaces including promotions, pricing, and product mix.
- Plan, execute and measure retailer-specific marketing plans, including product sampling, couponing, signage, and digital programs.
- Develop sales and marketing materials, including sell sheets and booth displays for tradeshows
- Support other marketing initiatives as needed
- Manage external vendors and agencies
- Travel to other CQC facilities, tradeshows, customers, and/or training.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular attendance at work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of digital marketing, consumer packaged goods or e-commerce experience required.
- Basic knowledge of CMS, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Amazon’s Vendor/Seller Central required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress, Shipstation, WooCommerce and/or Shopify preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Consumer focused
- Solid analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong drive for results and sense of ownership.
- Eager to make an impact by working hard and supporting the team.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrated by effective presentation, influence, and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and copays)
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match – up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11 holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness: Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym reimbursement, free wellness checks
- Scholarships – Employee, spouse, and children
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Onsite Fitness Facility
- Bonus Potential
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, please visit our website at www.cqc.com