Territory Sales Rep
Plant Based Frozen Dessert
We are looking for a Sales Rep to sell our plant based gelato in California. This person will be responsible for selling direct to stores and working with our broker team for store acquisition and field execution in their region.
The Territory Sales Rep will manage accounts and maintain/build our broker relationships. The ideal candidate will have credibility in the food industry and development of account relationships to drive velocity through engagement, brand advocacy, and brand education with consumers, trade, and the distributors. This is part time position to start working into a full time position.
This position will also represent our brand at trade shows, events, demos and manage events as needed. Ideal candidate will be based in Northern California.
This position’s key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Identify and target key accounts driving urgency behind implementation plan
- Establish and build strong relationships with key retailers across sales channels throughout your region
- Gain new distribution in strategic accounts
- Drive velocities by implementing effective retail promotions, including post-promotion analysis
- Plan and execute regional trade shows, events, and demo opportunities as needed
- Assure promotions are submitted and confirmed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and close new business opportunities for the brand
- Focus on selling to the "right" accounts
- Travel throughout the territory and visit customers on a regular basis
- When placed, ensure appropriate retail pricing
- Develop and manage territory forecast and trade plan
- Monitor and report competitive activity
- Conduct, organize, and coordinate demos and demo reps as needed
- Educate customers and staff
- Ensure distributors and other staff are trained with the brand story
- 3+ years experience in regional sales, preferably in start-up or CPG industry, ideally Natural, Specialty & Independent markets.
- Comfortable with daily travel in and around the market area and owns a car
- Successful track record of driving sales
- High level of professionalism and passion for a plant-based, mission driven CPG company
- Experienced with Distributors with a thorough understanding of pricing and promotion programs
- Experience developing trade plans and deals to effectively manage the trade budget
- Excellent communicator and computer skills
- High level of expertise with analyzing information and problem-solving attitude
- 4-year B.S. or B.A. degree desired