Director of Sales – East
Bobo's Oat Bars
Position Title: Director of Sales – East
Reports To: VP Sales
FLSA Status (check): __X___Exempt_____Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Director of Sales is a key leadership position for the company and is accountable for driving company revenue in Eastern part of US for both Natural and Conventional Grocery. The director is responsible for ensuring gross margin goals are met and building the strength of the Bobo’s brand. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong professional sales skills, acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have a strong track record of success in building emerging companies, be able to work in a team environment, and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives with a high sense of urgency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing channel strategies and calling on multiple channels of trade to include but not limited to Natural & Conventional Grocery.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve/exceed sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base through new and expanded distribution opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to maximize trade allocation and ensure the appropriate customer programming is in place to support and sustain business development.
- Understand data analysis and possess the ability to identify and communicate retailer specific opportunities
- Comprehend category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and category opportunities and position them against competitors through proposals and excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to close key account opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Represent organization at trade exhibitions and events
- Experience successfully collaborating and partnering with brokers, distributors and retailers
- Develop, train and ensure adherence to defined sales process
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage our broker partners in applicable channels.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in calling on HQ Category Managers within Eastern part of US; must have intimate knowledge & successful experience working with Publix, Harris Teeter, Ahold, Wegmans, Shoprite, Whole Foods, Albertsons, Kroger plus regional accounts.
- Natural Foods and emerging brand experience preferred.
- Possess key functional understanding of trade management and category management
- Prior experience with brand development and systems to support aggressive business growth
- Experience working with cross functional teams such as marketing, finance, operations.
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal and written communications skills
- Candidate must be a proficient user in POWERPOINT, WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK and SPINS/Nielsen.
- Bachelor’s degree; business and marketing majors preferred.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Location: Must live in East; position is remote home office based.
- Travel required:
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 50% of time
- Must be willing to travel to all parts of the East as well as other parts of the US to attend trade shows and meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
Resume Submission: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put the “Director of Sales –East” in the subject line of email. Thanks!