Director of Japanese Sake and Asian Spirits
Alcohol beverage importer
Director is responsible for growing distribution and volume of premium Japanese sake and Asian spirits in high profile on premise and off premise accounts. In addition to focusing on the Asian restaurant world, a top priority will be to expand into cocktail driven accounts. The director will work closely with the supplier stakeholders, VP of marketing, and SR VP of sales to develop brand strategies and sales programs to in order to meet company volume and distribution objectives.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and cultivate on premise brand champion accounts
- Collaborate with sales team to develop core accounts in focus markets
- Create and implement category and brand educational tools including POS
- Conduct distributor and key account staff training
- Lead sales blitzes in focus markets
- Produce and make national account presentations
- Discuss ongoing programs and performance opportunities with Region Vice Presidents
- Establish and maintain key account relationships with trade channel leaders through dialogue, direct calls, and distributor ride-withes.
- Monitor market trends and competitive information; communicate with marketing VP
- Maintain knowledge of program plans and execution; review and discuss performance on in-house trackers with SR VP
- Plan and execute special events including trade shows
- Certified Sake Specialist Level II
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner, communicating effectively with employees, staff, customers both internal and external; in person, via telephone or email.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Minimum 5+ years sales / marketing management experience in the Wine & Spirits industry as a supplier or distributor.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% and work weekend as necessary
- Preferred location: NYC, Chicago, DC