Director of Operations for a national nut butter company
NuttZo LLC- nut butter butter/bar manufacturer
Director of Operations
The nut butter brand, NuttZo, known for its blend of 7 nuts and seeds and cult-like following was pioneered in Danielle’s kitchen over 10 years ago. Back when there were only peanut butters and almond butters, Danielle knew there was a healthier way to enjoy everyone’s favorite spread!
Today you can enjoy NuttZo right out of the jar or on-the-go with our 2go packs or new refrigerated snack bars. NuttZo products are sold nationwide to retailers such as: Whole Foods, Wegmans, Sprouts, The Fresh Market, Costco, Kroger, Publix and Walmart.
NuttZo is proud to be Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher, B Corp, Gluten Free, and Women's Business Enterprise certified. The philosophy at NuttZo is simple - low sugar, nutrient dense, delicious snacking with HEART. Every product NuttZo sells support its non-profit, Project Left Behind, helping neglected and orphaned children in India and Peru.
NuttZo is currently looking to hire a Director of Operations.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with contract manufacturers
- Manage quality control, assurance, certifications, regulatory and compliance of all products
- Provide cost analysis of current and future SKUS
- Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures to drive continuous improvement in operations
- Ensure that all products are made and packaged according to company Standard Operating Procedures and company specifications
- Assist in sourcing raw ingredients and packaging
- Visit with suppliers
- Manage logistics to ensure timely and cost effective delivery
- Review contracts with third party co-packers
- Create Item specifications on new SKUS
- Cost analysis
- Work with sales on forecasting and planning
As a high growth company, the ideal candidate needs to be one step ahead and have the ability to focus on both short- and long-term planning. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills, decision-making skills, and be able to produce results. This individual will take the leadership role in implementing strategic initiatives and operating efficiencies and will report to the CEO on all matters. This is a ground floor opportunity for the right person.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Food Science, Business or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in operations in the food industry
- Experience managing relationships with co-packers
- Effective people management and project management skills.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement in operations processes, process flow, yields, and overall costs to produce
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance and food safety protocols with ability to develop and execute HACCP plan
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic. Highly detailed oriented and organized with outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please provide a resume, cover letter (including a salary history) and a list of references.