District Sales Manager - On-Premise - North Bay area, CA
illy caffe North America, Inc.
- OUR STORY…
illycaffè is an Italian family-owned company founded in Trieste in 1933, which has always pursued the mission of offering the best coffee in the world. illycaffè produces a unique blend of 100% Arabica coffee, combining 9 of the best qualities in the world according to illy. Every day 7 million cups of illy coffee are enjoyed around the globe in over 140 countries, in the finest coffee shops, restaurants and hotels, in single-brand cafés and shops, and of course at home. The company’s many innovations have contributed to important technological developments in the world of coffee. In 1991 the company founded the "Ernesto Illy Award for quality espresso coffee" in Brazil, promoting the sharing of expertise and recognizing the efforts of coffee growers by offering a higher price for what illy believes to be the best quality coffee. This has grown into a partnership based on the principles of sustainable development. The company also founded the Università del Caffè, an educational institution which strives to promote coffee culture at all levels, offering complete and practical training for growers, baristas and coffee lovers, and seeking to deepen the knowledge about every aspect of the product. Everything that is 'made in illy' is also enriched with beauty and art. These are fundamental values for the brand, from the logo designed by the artist James Rosenquist, to the cups of the illy Art Collection which have been decorated by over 100 international artists. . There are around 259 illy stores and single-brand stores around the world in 43 countries.
Ethisphere named illy as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2019 including the last 7 consecutive years.
illy’s entrepreneurial culture is based on a shared passion for quality, trust and respect, teamwork, empowerment and innovation. Join our company, build your career, and grow with us. To learn more visit illy.com
- The District Sales Manager - HoReCa (Hotels-Restaurants-Cafes) an On-Premise position to focus on the North Bay, CA region (wine country, Napa, Sonoma, East Bay, Sacramento, Marin, Tahoe, CA) and customer base for the HoReCa sector. The University, Business and Industry channel will be a focus as well. The main responsibility of this role is to grow our sales in the respective area by doing the following: account acquisition, account maintenance and relationship development. In addition, the position must perform routine quality assurance checks at key accounts; perform account staff training; conduct product demonstrations; manage potential customer pipeline (including monthly reporting); comply with routine administrative requirements on an accurate and timely basis; conduct distributor team meetings.
1. Acquisition of accounts:
- Maintain a pipeline of prospective customers for HoReCa
- Visit all accounts HoReCa independently and/or with Distributor reps, Branch Sales manager or Quality/Technical manager
- Present our brand story and perform tastings with decision makers for all new leads Effectively handle all sales leads-either directly from company or from the distributors
- Determine account coffee equipment needs. Prepare account proposals in conjunction with Branch sales manager. Follow up on all On-Premise proposals. Follow up on leads and demonstrations with written proposals and phone calls
- Work effectively with distributor teams to develop target lists and secure needed account appointments
2. Account Admin:
- Ensure that accurate completion of client credit applications and account set up forms for new accounts, as well as submit equipment orders to our machine order processing department. Manage the completion of all term’s sheets for new accounts
- Coordinate new account set up with the distributor and ensure that all coffee orders are place through the distributor, unless a direct account
3. Monthly Admin & Procedures:
- Accurate completion of monthly sales pipeline tracking reports
- Analyze monthly spending reports
- Monitor distributors’ depletion on a monthly basis.
4. Maintenance of existing accounts:
- Align with Branch Manager on frequency of maintenance calls for existing customers
- Perform training programs: Work with distributor and sales staff to train staff at existing accounts to enhance knowledge of product and use of equipment to increase sales performance and coffee quality
- Quality Assurance: maintain high standards in coffee production and image in all key accounts
- Assist with development of Drink Programs
5. Technical Support:
- Coordinate installation and set up of new accounts with the Technical manager
- Manage repossession of all equipment in under-performing accounts
- Insure that QA’s are completed monthly and turned into the QC Manager in your area
6. Train Distributors:
- Organize and provide information and tools to sales teams to assist in selling
- Lead the distributor’s sales teams to increase their volume by coaching them
- Sales Knowledge: 5 years’ experience in food and beverage sales in the On Premise channel
- Must live in North Bay, CA region (wine country, Napa, Sonoma, East Bay, Sacramento, Marin, Tahoe, CA)
- Product Knowledge: coffee and tea projects as well as coffee equipment
- Work independently and collaboratively with distributor sales force and Quality Technical team
- Organization and Time Management skills: Must have strong organizational skills and be able to schedule and prioritize activities, reporting and follow-up. Complete all required tasks within the required time frames
- Must have good communication, leadership skills written/verbal, strong presentation and sales skills
- Ability to train others on products and quality standards
- Display professionalism in all interactions with vendors, partners, clients, and management
- Skills in conflict resolution, problem solving and the ability to communicate calmly in all situations
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Publisher, E-mail (Outlook) and PowerPoint
- A valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurability
The physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position. While performing these responsibilities, the associate is required to talk and hear. The associate is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, lift up to 50+lbs, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required in this position include close vision. The work environment characteristics for this position are representative of the environment the associate will encounter; exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
illy Caffè North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law in the terms or conditions of employment, programs or activities.