KYLA Hard Kombucha Research & Development and Innovation Brewer
KYLA Kombucha Research, Development and Innovation Brewer
Develops innovative products to showcase and maintain consumer relevance for KYLA Kombucha products and to support new business growth opportunities. Conducts research and development projects to continue to our process improvement mindset. Works well in a team environment and actively contributes ideas while exhibiting expertise in the area of new product development for KYLA Kombucha. Maintains a detailed record of pilot plant processes and coordinates with production to assist in commercialization. Effectively develops and communicates features & benefits of new technologies and assists in delivering presentations to internal management and customers. Must work independently, with minimal supervision, and balance a multi-task workload. Will support supply chain efforts by taking point in researching new ingredients, developing a vendor list, determining feasibility of scaling and costing.
- Leading the ideation and development of product concepts with the end consumer benefits as the product development focus.
- Develop a wide variety of flavors using a variety of methods.
- Maintain accurate records of work, organize projects and prepare reports including project objectives, project progress, technical formulations, and product data sheets.
- Stay informed of industry and flavor trends by following the current literature and monitoring online and paper trade magazines. Staying abreast of new ingredient and market developments in the category of functional food and consumer health product.
- Identify and test new technologies and ingredients that will provide innovative solutions addressing industry issues.
- Supporting Sensory and Analytical studies through preparation of samples of testing and evaluation
- Utilize the expertise of sensory groups to provide flavor systems that meet or exceed project objectives.
- Assist in establishing descriptive sensory attributes, and testing products for stability and shelf life.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and professional environment.
- Partner with flavor suppliers to leverage their expertise and yours to execute iterative development to optimize performance against flavor briefs.
- Explore new/existing methods for flavor delivery to create optimal flavor experience within manufacturing system constraints.
- A BS degree and 5 years directly applicable experience with demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following disciplines: brewing, beverage flavor innovation, flavor chemistry, food science, fermentation science.
- Product and process development experience
- Organized, self-driven and motivated. Takes initiative. Team player and open thinker.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent collaborator and experience working cross functionally to get results.
- Innovation minded. Excellent communication skills. Creative problem solver/thinker.
- Should have knowledge of pertinent processes, regulatory guidelines and sensory testing.
- Computer proficiency of Microsoft products including Excel.
- Minimal - should be direction setting with periodic reviews of progress. Should be able to work independently most of the time.
Key internal Associates
- Brewmaster (direct supervisor)
- QC / QA Manager
- Director of Brewing Operations
- Head Brewer
- V.P. Supply Chain
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: