Metabolic Optimization Health Coach (remote, virtual, full-time)
We’re building a world-class virtual metabolic coaching program that delivers results that would rival what any in-person consult could. To that end, we’re recruiting top-notch, open-minded metabolic health coaches to help deliver 1-on-1 virtual coaching to our customers… all from the comfort of your own home.
Candidates will start part-time and then move to full-time after going through our detailed metabolic training, which is why this is posted as a full-time opportunity. This allows us both to properly train and evaluate the candidate, while giving the coaching program time to scale up, which will happen very fast.
The ideal person should get energized while helping others and already have a deep grasp on how the metabolism works both from a physiological and psychological perspective. Every coach will go through our foundational metabolic training curriculum designed by our in-house metabolic expert, Dr. Jade Teta, who has 2+ decades clinical experience helping thousands of patients optimize their metabolism.
He has created a clinically-tested flexible framework that enables any coach to help any client get the results they want in any situation. We call this our Metabolic Optimization System, or Metabolic OS, which has 4 foundational elements as outlined below:
- Mindset: The coach should have a strong understanding of the psychology of change and habit formation. Ideally, you should have a basic understanding of motivational interviewing and have had at least one certification in life coaching.
- Meals: The ideal coach will be very well versed in nutrition, ideally a clinical nutritionist, RD or naturopathic physician. This is a person who must know their way around nutrition with special understanding of the latest diet trends such as keto, IF, etc. while also remaining agnostic.
- Metabolics: The coach should have a very strong understanding of exercise programs and programming. You would ideally have a past or current background in personal training, group exercise or athletics with an intimate understanding of how exercise impacts metabolism.
- Movement: The coach should have an understanding of the impact of Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT) on fat loss and health, with an ability to teach and advocate for an active lifestyle that includes walking, stretching, and other active hobbies that reduce stress.
It’s critical for the coach to already have come to the understanding that there is no one single perfect program that works for everyone; the perfect program has to be created through a detailed trial and error process that’s individualized to the client to see what actually delivers results that are sustainable.
If you are a zealot who passionately believes there is only 1 way, this opportunity is NOT for you.
However, if all this sounds exciting, then this is your opportunity to join the high-performance metabolic team we’ve been building to lead our charge into the rapidly exploding $250+ billion health and wellness field. We’re building the first billion-dollar brand that’s 100% virtual… and need your help.
If you LOVE working 1-on-1 with clients to deeply understand AND overcome challenges and…
- You have high levels of empathy and easily develop connection and report with your clients…
- You have a curious mind that allows you to dive deep and unravel clients challenges…
- You have previous training or certification in diet, nutrition, exercise or life coaching…
- You have a science background (Masters level, nutrition, naturopath, or medical training) …
- You have considerable one-on-one coaching experience and LOVE the process…
- You are obsessed with details and enjoy taking detailed notes during client assessments…
- You have an open, flexible mindset and are driven to learn what you don’t know…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
To summarize the key points:
- Salary: $45,000 - $60,000
- Location: 100% Remote (we have virtual team of 60+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 (preferably Eastern time but flexible)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks) that Creates Space for Deep Work
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
What is a Metabolic Living Coach?
A metabolic living coach is someone who guides our coaching clients through a detailed 12-week metabolic optimization program. Your main objective will be to coach customers to achieve their goals faster, more efficiently and in a way that’s sustainable and lasts.
This program is designed with 4 levels, each of which systematically progresses someone from knowing nothing about the metabolism to gaining deep enough mastery that they too could become a metabolic coach themselves – the ultimate standard. These levels are:
- Level 1: Metabolic Detective – The key objective is to move the client from the dieting mentality to one of where they understand the cues given from their own metabolism. After this phase they will know how to both read and respond to their unique metabolic needs.
- Level 2: Metabolic Expert – The key objective is to teach the client the science and utility of varying the dietary approaches in cyclic fashion to keep the metabolism flexible, healthy and progressing. After this phase the client will know how to use an intermittent diet approach.
- Level 3: Metabolic Architect – The key objective is to design a perfect diet plan built around the specific foods perfectly suited to the client, while mastering the synergy between intuitive and macro eating. After this phase the client will have a tailored diet built for them, by them.
- Level 4: Metabolic Coach – The key objective is mastery over the lifestyle & behavioral factors responsible for long term dietary adherence and health. After this phase, client will have psychological & behavioral strategies specifically suited to their psychology and personal preferences and can be trained to be a Metabolic Living Coach.
Our clients will be assigned a single coachwho will guide them through this 12-week video training curriculum while also providing one-on-one, weekly coaching to help them overcome obstacles and achieve their customized objectives and key results.
To prepare you to become an effective coach specifically for our program, every Metabolic Living Coach will enjoy three weeks of intensive training along with shadowing from our Senior Coach and ongoing continual education. Each coach will go through:
- Dr. Jade Teta’s Metabolic Foundations Course: an advanced training in metabolism, based on the most up-to-date research in biochemistry and more than twenty years of clinical experience.
- Connection-Based Coaching Course: Metabolic Living Coaches will become masters in human interaction. Communication, psychology of change, and connection are just as essential to getting clients results as nutrition and exercise. Each Coach will learn about the 3R Model of Connection, principles in behavioral change, and motivational interviewing techniques used to help clients take action and reach their goals.
- High-Touch Interactive Training: Coaches will not be left on an island unto themselves. With weekly group coaching sessions and a 1:1 onboarding call with our Senior Coach, all Coaches will be fully prepared to hit the ground running.
Anybody who is ready for their next growth opportunity who might relate to any of these:
If you’re tired of the commute, sick of burning the midnight oil, stress is dominating your life, and the cost of real estate is eating up your retirement, this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Or, if you’re drowning in clinic work, jumping from one client/patient to the next, and getting eaten up with too much on your plate, this is your opportunity to simplify and pour your heart and soul into simply focusing on doing what you love the most, coaching, while we take care of the other details.
Or, if you’re buried in a big company that doesn’t appreciate the value a life coach, dietician, nutritionist, Naturopath or other medical expert can bring, that just wants volume and doesn’t care about quality, this is your opportunity to make a difference with an organization that actually cares.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… then please KEEP reading as we can’t wait to meet you.
Who Are We and What’s the Company’s Background?
Our mission is to empower people to thrive EVERY day so they can enjoy life to the fullest. We’re doing this by spreading our metabolism-first success framework to a worldwide audience. It’s a flexible, fun lifestyle that’s 100% focused on consistently getting you the results that matter: looking your best, feeling your best and performing your best. In the shortest time possible. And in a way that sticks.
It puts YOU back in control. It helps YOU understand how your body and metabolism works. It empowers YOU to fix your own problems. And because it alleviates the frustration and confusion so many of us experience when trying to fix our health, it makes you want to tell the world about it.
Our vision is to do this by growing into a billion-dollar multi-channel brand that’s distributed via online, mobile and physical retail. For 8 years, we’ve been painstakingly building the products, services, framework, team and culture to make this happen. And now we’re scaling into a much larger stage.
We’ve built a full ecosystem of products that allow someone to live a metabolism-first lifestyle. This includes exercise and nutrition programs, nutraceuticals, functional foods, memberships and coaching programs. We’re launching a mobile app next year, then will push into offline retail, extend into home-delivered meals and more. But ONE thing at a time, just like we’ve done for 8 years.
Our next major step is rolling out our new Metabolic Living brand and centralized e-commerce website at www.metabolicliving.com, scheduled to be live this December. We will consolidate into this centralized website our various product-branded microsites like at www.metabolicrenewal.com.
So why is a metabolism-first lifestyle needed? Because there are record amounts of sick, overweight, tired and depressed people piling up around the world. We’re over-worked, over-stressed, over-fed and full of toxins. And we’re deprived of the sleep, nutrition, movement and relaxation we need to thrive.
Unfortunately, the typical solution of extreme dieting and exercise traps people into a 1-step-forward, 2-steps back vicious cycle that makes them worse off. They bounce from one latest flavor-of-the-month program to the next, never making progress… trapped in a downward spiral of increasing desperation.
And philosophies like Paleo or Vegan, while extremely healthy for some, create a rigid us-vs-them tribal mentality that’s self-limiting. Neither of those philosophies work for all people all the time… or even the same person all the time. People differ. Bodies change. If that’s not respected, things will backfire.
The answer? Instead of trying to FIND the perfect program, people need to CREATE their own – one that respects how YOUR body works. And that’s where our metabolism-first framework comes in.
It empowers you with a repeatable, customizable method to optimize your metabolism. Because we’ve found through working with millions of people that a fully optimized metabolism is what delivers the results everyone wants – looking their best, feeling their best and performing their best, EVERY day.
So, instead of fighting against your body and getting inconsistent results with a one-size fits all program or protocol, we teach you to work with your body to enjoy consistent results by building your OWN perfect customized program. One that’s practical, enjoyable and sustainable… and starts working, fast.
What Will You Be Responsible for?
- Absorbing all training materials so you can deeply internalize our metabolism-first approach
- Weekly 30-60-minute video coaching sessions with the clients
- Weekly training and feedback with our senior team so you can perfect your coaching skills
- Draft and deliver post-appointment customer assessments to maintain clear objectives and key results used to measure and define the client’s success
- Act as a back-up coach when needed and jump on calls to cover for other coaches
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess the success of your coaching clients
- Follow through on note taking procedures and documents using the SOAP note format to standardize weekly coaching notes and performance.
- Review customer intake forms, monthly assessments, along with weekly check-ins prior to scheduled appointments
- Show-up on time for every appointment and become a rock to your clients
- Respond quickly and responsibly to schedule changes
- Follow all company policies closely to ensure all health rules and regulations are adhered to
- Provide feedback to the senior coach on any difficult obstacles encountered with clients, so we can continually update our robust library of learnings and improve our framework
- Occasionally review recordings of other coaching sessions for training & compliance purposes
5 Key Attributes We Look For:
- Gets Results – Produces the most meaningful results the fastest by seeking clarity on company priorities, understanding the stakes while efficiently cycling through tasks.
- Quickly Engages – Gets time working in our favor ASAP by immediately attacking projects with a sense of urgency, using just enough planning, while maintaining high intensity.
- Takes Ownership – Delivers high-quality work by taking personal responsibility for projects with a deep sense of pride, anticipating issues, solving problems proactively.
- Relentlessly Persists – Stays focused until the task is done by embracing a get-it-done attitude and relentlessly attacking problems at different angles until they’re solved.
- Collaborates Smoothly – Gets things done faster and smoother by collaborating to trigger parallel work, listening intently and communicating quickly, accurately and transparently.
- Competitive Compensation – This respects the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer who any company would die for to have on their team.
- Work-from-Home – A fantastic work-from-home lifestyle with flexible hours when needed with ability to carve out time to do what you love and spend time with those you love.
- Curated Team – Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!