Market Manager, San Diego
Title: Market Manager, San Diego
Reports Directly To: National Sales Director
Location: Greater San Diego Area
Compensation: Salary, Full-Time
On & off premise territory sales manager responsible for developing and managing key accounts and the delivery of Solento’s annual commercial targets within assigned territory. We’re looking for someone that brings a clear understanding of the spirits sales process but that is ready to shake the convention to help bring change to the “standard”.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and sustain profitable relationships with accounts
- Spend a minimum of 4 days per week in market developing and selling into target list of accounts either on your own or with Distributor sales managers and representatives
- Ensure account commitments are communicated to distributor team and Solento customer service standards are met with exceptional follow-through
- Schedule and execute bartender education / staff trainings in key on & off premise accounts
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit, ambition & positive attitude
- Command deep understanding of market dynamics in given territory
- Demonstrate in depth understanding of Solento brand, ethos & messaging
- Regularly participate in consumer & trade events to educate and promote Solento Tequila
Planning & Commercial Analysis:
- Evaluate existing and emerging customers, identify “must win” Solento accounts and allocate resources effectively
- Manage within territory activation budget
- Use data to identify market opportunities, analyze distributor volume & strengthen sales
- Diagnose business issues quickly and take corrective action to minimize impact
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Liaise regularly with director & market managers to identify best practices & opportunities
- Work closely with team to develop on-brand programs for account universe
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Communication- the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and directs productive meetings.
- Adaptability- the individual adapts to changes in the internal work environment and external marketplace, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Accepts feedback from others and is constantly looking to improve.
- Judgement- the individual displays a high level of integrity/strong code of ethics and makes sound & timely decisions in the best interests of the company.
- Quality Management- the individual continually looks for ways to improve upon and promote organizational efficiency & maximize gross profit.
- Organized/Detail Oriented– the individual is proficient in utilizing all sales tools (NIELSEN, PPT, EXCEL, etc.) is incredibly detail oriented/organized and has the ability to multitask.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in beverage alcohol industry
Supplier, distributor or on-premise account level experience preferred
Possesses solid industry knowledge in assigned geographic territory
Strong selling & influencing skills
Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a dynamic, high energy, start-up atmosphere
Demonstrates a positive attitude, dynamic personality and exceptional verbal skills
Must be at least 21 years of age, have valid driver’s license and eligible to work in the U.S.
Solento, Inc. is a tequila brand located in Encinitas, CA. Employee benefits include health insurance, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Solento, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.