Glasgow Consulting Group - Product Development
Glasgow Consulting Group is fast-growing, and works solely within the burgeoning natural and organic food category. Glasgow has earned an excellent reputation for developing great-tasting, technically-challenging products in multiple food and beverage categories – with quick turnaround. Clients range from entrepreneurs to multi-national corporations.
We have been in business 13 years and the company has grown significantly each year. The Founder/President is a leading product developer with advanced degrees in food science and a culinary background. The company has two adjacent lab facilities in southern Rhode Island, approximately one hour south of Boston.
- This is a “hands-on” sales role reporting to the Founder/President. It is the only sales position in the company and is critical to continued growth.
- Maintain a robust pipeline of high-potential prospects and work closely with the President to convert a significant portion into new clients.
- Manage the company’s marketing activities for lead generation among natural and organic food and beverage companies including website, social media, advertising, and organizing contacts at key industry trade shows – Expo West/East, BevNet
- Effectively manage prospects through the service sales pipeline to provide a development Proposal and secure a commitment. Typically a 2-3 month process with multiple interactions.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years sales experience in the food and beverage industry with a proven track record of consistent sales growth.
- Direct experience selling services within the industry. Product sales experience is a plus.
- Highly organized and self-motivated to successfully manage an extended sales process with required frequent follow-ups and professionalism.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Enjoy working independently in a small, technically-oriented company environment that is on the cutting edge of product development.
- Successful candidate has the option to work remotely or from the Rhode Island office while coordinating schedules with the President. Some travel required.
Compensation:The company offers very competitive compensation with incentives. This is a salary position with a significant annual bonus target, profit sharing, 401(k) plan, and medical plan contribution.