Production Area Manager
Wyandot is a national manufacturer of great-tasting, better-for-you, plant-based snack foods. Founded in 1936, we are over 80 Years proud!
With our focus on better-for-you products, consumers have a healthier choice when buying snacks for themselves and their families. We produce great tasting and award-winning products for leading and emerging branded food businesses, including first-to-market chickpea puffs and baby snacks, ready-to-eat popcorn for a national theatre chain, weight maintenance products, and snacks under the Incredi-Puffs and Munch Rights brands.
Our team-based culture is committed to customer success, sustainability, and excellence, with a need for teammates who are passionate about innovation, quality, reducing waste, and finding ways to add value.
Our growth plan is to double in size over the next three to five years, including additional locations throughout the US. If you are looking for a company that can provide a great work environment, opportunities to contribute to our success immediately, as well as opportunities for career advancement, Wyandot is the place for you!
Join our growing team, where we recognize the vital importance of everyone in the organization. Regardless of the task, we all work together and realize that each link is as important as the next.
2nd and 3rd Shift Positions Available!
Works within the policy guidance of the Production Manager. Coaches and coordinates the daily activities of production teammates in the areas of packaging and processing.
Primarily works as a facilitator, coordinating with the other departments to ensure sufficient resources are available for production teammates so that they may perform to the highest degree possible. Audits the personnel and food safety as well as the cleanliness of the plant operation, taking immediate and specific action anytime either personnel or food safety or cleanliness is unacceptable. Able to coach, evaluate, train, and discipline teammates as necessary to ensure they reach their full potential. Handles confidential information with discretion. Able to perform with minimal supervision. Able to provide positive leadership to teammates in order to meet or exceed quality and productivity goals in a consistent, safe manner.
Coordinates the teamwork effort in production to satisfy the external customer and the internal customers.
- Interfaces with scheduling to perform the schedule
- Interfaces with the warehouse to ensure the accurate recording of production
- Interfaces with the lab to ensure adherence to quality standards with an emphasis on food safety.
- Interfaces with maintenance to ensure a safe, productive workplace for production teammates.
- Problem solver. Works with teammates to resolve problems in production as they occur.
- Coaching/Training. Works with teammates to ensure they understand the effects of processing changes and that they develop the ability to problem solve on the line themselves.
- Counsels, evaluates, and disciplines teammates as needed.
- Although functionally assigned a portion of the plant as an area of responsibility on a daily basis accepts responsibility for the entire plant facility, inside and out, in the areas of security, cleanliness, Teammates safety, food safety and productivity.
- Attends meetings and professional seminars as needed.
- Demands improvement through change. Does not accept even high levels of status quo.
- Communicate via telephone or email with internal and external customers.
- Uses the computer and hardware systems available to electronically communicate and assess production performance during their shift.
- Strives to successfully complete personal goals as assigned.
- Technically competent in identifying/resolving process issues.
- Drive for continuous improvement through the efficient use of labor and materials as defined by the production models. Use data to drive the improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate must be able to communicate English clearly in both the verbal and written form. Attention to detail is essential. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere and provide the essential leadership for the team to excel. High school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Ability to handle occasional contact with customers, upper management, and general public with diplomacy. Must be able to maintain performance levels in all areas while under pressure or while in stressful situations and conditions. Must accept the concept of constant improvement and change for improvement. Must be able to work any shift and have good basic math skills. Must be able to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.