Accounting Manager - Michel et Augustin
Michel et Augustin
We need a stud of an accounting manager to join our tribe! This role is going to be CRIT-I-CAL to our success. We need you to take over financial reporting and be super punctual and accurate; to help build and implement new processes that will help give a caffeine boost to our small but mighty organization; and you’ll be working with and managing external parties and auditors.
As our accounting manager, you will be reporting directly to the Chief Troublemaker (don’t worry, that’s just what we call the CEO), and guarantees that you’ll have a real voice at the table, helping to drive financial and operational performance.
While Michel et Augustin has a long and storied 15-year history in France, the adventure in the US is just getting revved up. (It’s been almost 5 years, but we are very much in startup mode!). You’ll wear a lot of hats (not actually, unless you want to… this is a safe space for hats) and have a real opportunity to grow your career in a fast growing (we like the word “grow”) CPG company.
Key Job Responsibilities (so serious…):
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams including Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product, and Marketing on various initiatives impacting the finances of the company.
- You’ll be talking to everyone. We need you to love people and love communicating. It’s a curious group, too, so if you like explaining things, that’s a bonus!
- Drive month end closes including preparing journal entries and maintaining outside schedules
- Manage the Accounts Payable process using Bill.com (we treat our money like it’s gold).
- Manage Accounts Receivable by working with sales ops, sending out invoices, and defining and executing on collections strategy
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends Be a big picture thinker in addition to analyzing the day-today financials.
- Assist in monthly reporting as directed by department leaders
- Perform inventory reporting to support sales and operations team
- Responsible for overseeing outsourced team’s ongoing accounting processes, such as bank reconciliations, etc.
- Review, improve, and implement new processes and systems with a focus on simplification, scale, standardization, optimization, and adequate internal controls
- Implement new and improved operational processes to create efficiencies across multiple teams
Required Qualifications (really though)
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
- Minimum 7 years total finance/accounting experience including minimum of 5 years CPG experience
- Experience working in a high-growth entrepreneurial environment, with multiple stakeholders, including board members, investors, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including data analysis and financial modelling.