Senior Vice President of Sales
Perfect Snacks | Refrigerated Protein Snacks
The Senior VP of Sales position will be instrumental in elevating the Perfect Snacks brand with retail partners across all channels as it maintains category leadership in Fresh Snacking. This candidate should have deep domain expertise in CPG sales as well as a total enterprise point of view, such that they represent customers at the executive-team level. Candidates should have a proven track record of building out high-performing sales teams from the ground up, assessing talent at various levels, identifying business issues before they arise, and creating strategic annual plans for the team to execute against. With key retail partners such as Whole Foods Market, Target, Costco, Starbucks, Trader Joe's and more, candidates should be confident and versatile in varying sales channels and experienced in managing a team of sales directors across each channel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Leader of Sales
- “Own the number” mentality – build and manage the Company’s sales plan, defining the opportunities and focusing the organization on achieving them
- “Carry the bag” mentality – willingness to “get in a car, hop on a plane” any time and as much as necessary to grow the brand
- Account P&L responsibility with equal focus on top & bottom lines
- Deliver distribution objectives in accordance with the Company plans
- Optimize distribution, shelf management, pricing and promotional objectives
- Manage Key Accounts
- Represent the Company at National and Regional trade shows / events to promote product sales
- Support / contribute to a culture that is consistent with the overall organization and emphasizes the values of the Company
- Partner with senior management team on overall business strategy and key issues
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure a coordinated approach to achieving customer fulfillment and delight, at the lowest possible delivered cost.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure a coordinated approach to the consumer and customer, and lead in-market expansion and sales
- Driven to identify new business opportunities
- Wired to own the account relationship, even when managing best-in-class Brokers when necessary
- Does not believe that “any sale is a good sale” – willing to say “no” to sales if it’s not strategic
- Focus as much on making margin as on sales
Deep Relationship Builder with Retailers, Brokers and Distributors
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Retail Account personnel (e.g., retail executives, strategic decision makers)
- Identify, negotiate and manage Broker and Distributor relationships and effectively utilize Broker and Distributor resources and relationships to build volume and accomplish sales and distribution objectives
- Manage sales, promotions, pricing strategy and category management initiatives using data to support decisions
- Monitor the marketplace and competitive market activity, and suggest responses as needed
Tight Manager of Trade Spend
- Lead and Manage team to ensure promotional and pricing strategies by accounts, regions and channels support overall companies initiatives and strategy
- Work with finance to monitor and analyze trade spend and work to improve efficiency of funds allocated to trade promotions by account and channel
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years sales leadership experience, including an in-depth understanding of all retail channels with a particularly strong conventional grocery background.
- Experience managing, optimizing and reporting against an annual trade spend budget.
- Hands-on direct management of internal sales, distributor and broker networks.
- Demonstrated success building a brand or brands in a high growth marketplace
- Experience in new product and new program initiative rollouts across multiple trade channels.
- Experience in hiring, managing and holding sales forces accountable for profitable results.
- Ability to develop sales systems, sales planning tools and sales management tools from scratch on a national level, including the creation of an effective and efficient broker sales toolkit.
- Comfortable with financial statements, Nielsen/IRI data and sales forecasting process.
- Proven success working hand-in-hand with Marketing to drive sustainable brand growth.
- Effective at building strong cross-functional relationships and assuming shared leadership.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level.
- Consistently displays a positive, cooperative, self-motivated and professional attitude.
- Must be willing to travel up as needed and should expect 50% travel and work weekends at trade shows as needed.
- Existing relationships with key Accounts
- Strong team leadership and management skills – demonstrated ability to attract, develop, and maintain high performers