Senior Food Scientist
WayFare Food Company is a pioneering Plant Based food company dedicated to inspiring plant-based living, we are leaders in this area with our unique IP and are set to rapidly expand our range of dairy and meat free options. We aim to actively improve people's lives and wellbeing through foods that replace dairy and meat products without taste or function compromise.
The Senior Food Scientist is responsible for overall planning, research, execution and analysis for innovation within the company from idea generation to product launch. We are looking for a high-level visionary with intense focus to detail, who is also comfortable researching and analyzing data and regulations. Key areas of this role will focus on:
- Assisting our founder in creating innovations for the company – from idea generation to product launch.
- Establishing a well-designed analytical evaluation as well as recording process for product consistency check – from batch to batch evaluations to shelf life study.
- Explore external source of innovation, knowledge and technology and assist Wayfare to build and create innovation and productive relationships.
- Coordinate, perform and record results of analytical procedures, including sensory evaluations and shelf life testing.
- Work closely with our manufacturing, including creating and maintaining required certification documents and records, understanding and applying current FDA labelling regulations and evaluating ingredients.
- This position requires some travel and schedule flexibility.
- 5+ years’ experience in food innovation.
- Master’s degree in food science or Dairy Technology preferred.
- Demonstrate strong skills for research, analysis, self-motivation, attention to detail, problem solving, organization, interpersonal and communication.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal staff and external resources.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and have good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel.
- Passionate about food.
- Participation in WayFare’s Group Health Plan
- Employer contribution to employee’s Health Savings Account (HSA) (pending HSA eligibility requirements)
- Participation in company 401k
- Car mileage allowance
- 2 weeks paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Jury Duty benefit
- Pension Plan benefit
- Life Insurance benefit
- Disability Insurance benefit
- Health Club Membership Reimbursement Program
- Cell phone and Laptop will be provided
- Company Credit Card
- Work related expenses will be reimbursed at cost.