The Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and executing a marketing strategy, calendar, and budget - including social medi/a, digital, field, and retail marketing. In addition, you will be managing key strategic trade partnerships, running tradeshow planning and attending consumer facing events. In this role, you will gain valuable experience in the daily operations of a small but fast-growing CPG company, take ownership of marketing initiatives and be groomed for a senior leadership role; our goal is to build out a marketing team. Reports to Founder/CEO.
- Create quarterly marketing plan with campaign timelines, launch plans, and goals for both retail and online
- Own website assets, all visual and branded content of MIL and execute website rebranding launch
- Plan and execute marketing strategy of new product launches
- Oversee all press opportunities, create press releases, and respond to PR inquiries
- Create and manage relationships for branded content: guest blogs, articles, and posts
- Establish goals and KPIs to track the effectiveness of each marketing initiative
- Implement a robust e-commerce multi-channel strategy using Amazon FBA/Fresh
- Strategizeand manage social media content and community on key channels (Facebook and Instagram)
- Create and manage advertising campaigns to be launched on Facebook and Instagram to drive sales online and in retailers, drive traffic to the website, and increase brand awareness/reach
- Work with web designer to optimize e-commerce platform to enhance user experience
- Maintain website related to store locator, recipe management (blog posts), press/media updates, and any backend issues
- Analyze data reports via Shopify backend and Google Analytics to note sales trends, both in retail and online
- Manage listings on Amazon FBA sales, fulfillment, and postings of all salable products online
- Plan and implement email marketing campaigns to maximize the lifetime value of current customers and convert new customers using evergreen email sequences, segmentation, and e-blasts
- Research competitive information continuously to stay abreast of trends in category
Sales Support, Retailer and Consumer
- Work with Sales team to build an overarching in-store branding strategy tailored specifically to each key retailer primarily through in-store demos and digital advertising, etc.
- Geo-target prospective consumers in areas surrounding key retail locations through Facebook advertising
- Lead and execute in-store demo program, oversee 3rd party demo companies and retailer’s chosen demo companies.
- Play the top role of brand ambassador and primary educator to on-the-ground demo workforce, while also facilitating smooth demo logistics (proper headcount, product, and payment) and attending a small portion of our in-store demos to get a strong sense of customer perception
- Review and manage all branded collaterals, all packaging labels and maintain relationship with key printers, photographers, and designers
- Collaborate with the sales team to create sales presentations, develop brand awareness, and product launch plans
- Develop body copy for marketing and sales collateral including sales sheets, labels, recipe cards, SWAG items, etc.
- Create consumer marketing campaign and budget for top retail customers to align with trade spend, geographical target, and messaging
- Work cross functionally with sales and operations teams on new product launches and packaging design
Trade Show and Special Events
- Support sales team by scheduling in-store national demo campaign while managing brand ambassadors
- Create key marketing materials, couponing program, and demo kits to promote a successful in-store program
- Build consumer attraction and retention through promotional incentives and loyalty programs
- Fulfill sales sample requests, sales collateral requests and plan/support in-store promotion
Collateral, Package and Website Design
- Organize and manage logistics planning for special marketing sampling events, industry trade shows, and tabletop shows
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts in marketing, communications or related field
- Passion and curiosity about food and CPG industry
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, with a proven track record of exceeding goals and reporting on performance and insights
- 3-5 years’ experience in CPG industry, packaged food CPG experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, ask questions, meet deadlines and adapt to the unexpected
- Thorough knowledge of social media and a creative mind set
- Analytical and entrepreneurial mindset of problem solving
- Ability to operate in a team environment with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Knowledgeable in Shopify, Photoshop, Mailchimp, MS Office/Excel
Commensurate with experience. A competitive base salary with a generous work-life balance, PTO policy, and healthcare benefits.
Ideal candidate is based in NYC area.
For more information, please visit www.MILKimchi.com @milkimchi on Instagram.