Senior Sales Manager
WayFare Inc is looking for a best in class Senior Sales Manager to lead our rapid expansion. We are looking for a talented candidate who has the passion and skill to be part of an exciting, progressive and rapidly growing company and team. If you have the talent and creativity to be part of our growth and success, review this job description and apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
WayFare Food Company is a pioneering Plant Based food company dedicated to inspiring plant-based living, we are leaders in this area with our unique IP and are set to rapidly expand our range of dairy and meat free options. We aim to actively improve people's lives and wellbeing through foods that replace dairy and meat products without taste or function compromise.
Planning and Strategy:
- Develops and implements the annual sales strategy and plan for existing and target retailers.
- Aligns WayFares strategy to customer priorities with solutions-based insights and execution.
- Prepares end to end execution strategies including development, deployment and measurement of company assets against retailer category and store level initiatives,
- Reports regularly on performance against strategy and provides recommendations for course correction.
- Manages a trade spend budget within company guidelines and to achieve desired growth and revenue targets
- Build great relationships that reflect the values of the WayFare Brand.
- Ensure customer plans reflect WayFares brand building priorities.
- Delivers annual promotional plans to customers in advance of retailer deadlines.
- Ensures retailer accountability for program execution through store visits to observe overall compliance to agreed details and assess competitive tactics.
- Builds consultancy-based relationships with key customer contacts through regular value-added weekly communication and prompt responses to all customer inquiries.
- Identifies and communicates store level opportunities to both category managers and WayFare distributor and broker partners
- Develops and executes regional and/or channel specific category development strategies including our Food Service and only channels.
- Delivers relevant and value-based product knowledge that can benefit retailer selling strategies.
- Launches new products flawlessly in conjunction with stated WayFare and retailer timeframes and guidelines
- Develops budgets and maintains rolling forecasts for WayFare product lines and works closely with operations and finance to ensure supply is seamless.
- Tirelessly look for ways to achieve cost effective awareness, trial and repeat business.
- Communicates early and often when actual results differ from planned objectives.
- Acts with urgency to develop proactively any plans required to leverage advantage or restore WayFare business with assigned retailers.
- Makes recommendations for new product introductions or product improvements based on feedback from customers.
- Collects and analyzes relevant data and insights to develop and grow our business.
- Listen carefully to customers to better understand needs and optimize ability of WayFare to respond with meaningful solutions.
- Timely submission of expenses. Monitors expenses against budget.
- Prepares correspondence and reports on time as required.
- Acts with urgency and decorum in addressing key internal communications and priorities.
- Responsible for Sales Manager in the East
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Degree in Marketing or Sales.
- Minimum of five years in a rapid growth sales role, ideally in food/beverage category with at least three years key account role.
- Proficient in navigating/analysis of market/retailer data or internal data platforms.
- Experience transforming customer or category data into effective program, quarterly and annual plans.
- Experience working with a brokerage and distributor networks.
- Demonstrated customer leadership skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously grow top line sales and maintain spend levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of importance of building relationships internally with individuals and applicable stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of actions required to build excellent customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workflow that reflects organizational priorities.
- Strong time management skills, good organization and ability to handle administrative requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering presentations in front of both internal and external audiences.
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of key retailer category management principles.
- Some experience coaching/mentoring new/junior team members.
- Frequent travel required.