Area Sales Manager - Rocky Mountain
Reports To: Director of Field Activation
FLSA Status (check): __X__Exempt_____Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Area Sales manager develops and promotes Bobo’s Oat Bars throughout the natural and conventional marketplace.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for sales and merchandising within assigned territory
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
- Build and maintain relationships with the retailer, distributor sales-force, broker sales teams
- Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
- Call on accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities; visit all accounts in person
- Execute all chain promotional activities at store level – which includes selling & setting distribution, securing & building displays, maintaining proper levels of inventory, planogram execution, and point of sale distribution
- Implement POS, and secondary placement opportunities using tools provided by the brand to maximize brand potential and eliminate out of stock situations
- Daily/weekly communications to Area Directors to include successes, competition trends, deals, product introductions, and consumer relations
- Participate in sales blitzes, throughout the country and area in order to support other field team members in achieving their sales goals
- Track and communicate store calls, communication and sales.
- Attend trade shows to sell and act as an ambassador of Bobo’s
- Speak with proprietors at local area accounts including coffee shops, delis, corner stores, local single store groceries and other non-chain eateries
- Educate broker account managers on product knowledge, selling tools and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, POS placements and display build-out
- 2-5 Years of Sales Experience - Natural Food or CPG experience preferred
- Experience working with Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, King Soopers, Lucky’s and Safeway a plus.
- Proven success in sales call strategies and broker product training
- Must be willing to travel to key territory and have valid driver's license
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against company goals
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovation and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
- Based in Denver Co. 25% travel (4-5 days/month) to the above listed states.
Contact: All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com. Please put “Area Sales Manager Rocky Mountain” in the subject line. Thanks! ?