Successfully execute all aspects of production at The Bruery per production needs as scheduled including raw materials handling, wort production, cellar movements, wood cellaring and beer finishing. Contribute to a healthy team culture by maintaining positive attitude, professionalism and company vision.
- Execute proper sampling and analysis of daily brews in accordance with schedule; cover directly as needed. Monitor vital wort indicators including but not limited to target gravity, pH, BUs and fermentability.
- Responsible for wort production on automated GEA Brewhouse including but not limited to raw material handling, milling, mash/lauter operation, wort boiling, cooling, and BH CIP
- Responsible for CIP and preparation of fermentation, bright beer, and intermediate step tanks
- Responsible for operation of centrifugal clarification and CIP
- Responsible for finished beer handling including but not limited to carbonation, DO monitoring and recording, and packaging preparation
- Responsible for proper handling of yeast propagation including but not limited to inoculation, pitching, topping, aeration and CIP
- Review completed process paperwork and ensure accurate expression in automated accounting system i.e. Orchestrated Beer
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Communicate clearly and accept communication efforts in a three (3) shift environment
- Maintain and update shift report in response to real time production
- Ensure that sensory evaluation is monitored responsibly and results are communicated constructively
- Work closely with Production manager, supervisors, quality, and peer staff to execute and pass off tasks effectively
- Maintain a sanitary environment, which includes but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks and ceilings.
- Utilize a 5S approach for organizing supplies, tools and equipment.
- Participate in company events as needed while maintaining professional composure
- Work on a ladder periodically up to height of 18 feet.
- Physically be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand all day, lift 55+ pounds, work in a non-temperature controlled environment and repeatedly handle hot and cold liquids.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day).
- Strictly follow recipes and standard operating procedures while recommending ways of improving them.
- Willingness to work at clean or sour beer facilities as needed
- Willingness to work occasional weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical in a 24-hour operation
- High School Diploma / GED. Brewing, Engineering, or other related education preferred
- Clean driving record
- 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Forklift Certified Applications must have cover letter and resume.
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check required. We offer competitive compensation, health, dental and vision, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k, annual merchandise credit, and lots of free beer!