Director of Food Service
Wyandot is a national manufacturer of great-tasting, better-for-you, plant-based snack foods. Founded in 1936, we are over 80 Years proud!
With our focus on better-for-you products, consumers have a healthier choice when buying snacks for themselves and their families. We produce great tasting and award-winning products for leading and emerging branded food businesses, including first-to-market chickpea puffs and baby snacks, weight maintenance products, and snacks under the Incredi-Puffs and Munch Rights brands.
Our team-based culture is committed to customer success, sustainability, and excellence, with a need for teammates who are passionate about innovation, quality, reducing waste, and finding ways to add value.
Our growth plan is to double in size over the next three to five years, including additional locations throughout the US. If you are looking for a company that can provide a great work environment, opportunities to contribute to our success immediately, as well as opportunities for career advancement, Wyandot is the place for you!
Join our growing team, where we recognize the vital importance of everyone in the organization. Regardless of the task, we all work together and realize that each link is as important as the next.
Accountable to the Vice President of Sales for all sales and marketing activities associated with capturing select new accounts and maintaining and growing current accounts. To work in conjunction with all members of the sales team as well as Operations, R&D, Quality, Scheduling and Warehouse to meet targeted objectives. Provide professional representation, leadership, and direction to Wyandot customers and to Wyandot appointed brokers/consultants and their accounts and distributors.
- Develop and review sales plan and budget with VP of Sales for approval.
- Motivate and direct appointed brokers/consultants.
- Make direct calls on accounts (with broker/consultant if applicable) to sell key sales plan objectives (new product/items, promotions, pricing, etc.).
- Generate, develop and pursue accounts with direct personal contact and/or through the use of broker/consultant.
- Work closely with Scheduling, Operations, Procurement, Customer Service and VP of Sales on all sales efforts to ensure we maximize profitability, sales growth, and effectiveness.
- Work with R&D in developing new ideas for products that meet marketplace and customer needs.
- Analyze the marketplace to understand food trends and opportunity gaps.
- Develop effective and professional presentations to outline and support our strategies and goals.
- Follow-up and monitor product and/or service complaints. Get the facts, document, coordinate with proper company personnel, and take proper action promptly and fairly.
- Plan sales trips as needed based on account priority/prospecting opportunity.
- When applicable, report market activities (accounts, competitors).
- Follow up on all sales calls by keeping correspondence and sales reports current.
- Keep customers informed of any price changes, item changes, and new items.
- Communicate via e-mail and telephone with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Director of Food Service must have knowledge of the Food Service channel with established relationships with customers, distributors and brokers/consultants. They must be able to think and plan strategically. They must be able to develop and manage a budget. Must be able to assume responsibility and make sound decisions. They must be a self-starter and be able to work independently. They must have solid communication skills and have the ability to relate to all levels of staff, internally and externally. The individual will work closely with various contacts within our customers, as well as our internal sales/marketing/production/warehouse/quality and technical teammates to achieve project objectives. Much of the work is detail-oriented and requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects. Individual must be able to handle stressful, pressure situations and be open to as much as 45-50% travel as needed. 10+ years of sales and marketing experience within the industry with a proven track record is required along with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business. An MBA is preferred, but not required. Management experience is strongly preferred. Must be able to communicate in English clearly in both verbal and written form. Must be able to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and be proficient in Microsoft programs to include Excel and PowerPoint.