Senior Account Manager, Technical Sales
Wyandot is a national manufacturer of great-tasting, better-for-you, plant-based snack foods. Founded in 1936, we are over 80 Years proud!
With our focus on better-for-you products, consumers have a healthier choice when buying snacks for themselves and their families. We produce great tasting and award-winning products for leading and emerging branded food businesses, including first-to-market chickpea puffs and baby snacks, weight maintenance products, and snacks under the Incredi-Puffs and Munch Rights brands.
Our team-based culture is committed to customer success, sustainability, and excellence, with a need for teammates who are passionate about innovation, quality, reducing waste, and finding ways to add value.
Our growth plan is to double in size over the next three to five years, including additional locations throughout the US. If you are looking for a company that can provide a great work environment, opportunities to contribute to our success immediately, as well as opportunities for career advancement, Wyandot is the place for you!
Join our growing team, where we recognize the vital importance of everyone in the organization. Regardless of the task, we all work together and realize that each link is as important as the next.
Establish sales forecasts per account. Work with team to establish a sales strategy. Attend trade-shows, conferences, sales training, and other job-related events as required.
Know and understand all Terms & Conditions of each project, expressed and implied commitments, all customer expectations, and schedules (address any and all deficiencies prior to accepting the project, contract or sales order).
- Lead internal customer-specific teams.
- Communicate to the team all expressed and implied commitments, all customer expectations, and schedules.
- Communicate all details of projects, contracts and sales orders.
- Consult with Scheduling/ Operations/ Quality/ Materials to meet targeted objectives/completion dates.
- Review production schedules to make sure they will meet customer expectations.
- Support customer follow-ups for reworks and provide continued support in the event of a non- compliance, quality-related issue.
- Partner with customers for growth opportunities and strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain contract manufacturing relations that foster growth for Wyandot and our customers.
- Engage with all customers employing professionalism at all times, representing the company and unconditionally maintaining clear ethics in all actions and interactions with customers.
- Good time management with the ability to balance multiple complex projects with little supervision.
- Communicate via telephone and email with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The individual will work closely with the technical and production contacts of customers, as well as our internal sales/marketing/production/warehouse/quality and technical teammates to achieve project objectives. Much of the work is detail-oriented and requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with minimal supervision, in a high-energy team environment. Must be able to think and plan strategically. Must be able to assume responsibility and make sound decisions. Must have excellent communication skills. 6-10 years of industry experience with a proven track record is required along with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other related fields. Sales or customer relationship experience is required. Management experience is a plus. Must be able to communicate in English clearly in both verbal and written form. Must be able to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and be proficient in Microsoft programs to include Excel and PowerPoint.