At Raaka, we make unroasted dark chocolate. We love sharing the bold, fruity, and tangy flavors present in unroasted cocoa beans. We make uncommonly delicious chocolate from scratch, bringing the best out of single origin cocoa through creative craft and whole food ingredients. Since 2010, we’ve been introducing people to a new taste of chocolate, offering bars with Tanzanian cocoa nibs aged in bourbon casks, steaming over simmering wine, and bars made with both classic and unusual pairings like mushrooms, smoked teas, vegetables, and spices. We purchase fine flavor cacao directly from cooperatives and farms across the world, and we make everything from bean-to-bar at our factory in Red Hook, Brooklyn. No one makes chocolate like we do, and we’re always looking to make people think deeply and differently about the chocolate they eat.
We’re committed to operating in ways that maximize positive social and environmental impact.
We’re seeking a Full-time Production Manager to run our facility in Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY.
- Scheduling of all chocolate manufacturing
- Ownership of Cost Per Unit goals set by upper management
- Maximizing all aspects of the chocolate production process for efficiency
- Oversight of quality controls
- Coordinating with Sales Team and Fulfillment Team to manage order pipeline
- Day-to-day management of 15+ production team members
- Hiring, scheduling and training of all production staff
- Raw material inventory and ordering
- Managing equipment maintenance and repairs
- Assisting with incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Filling in any gaps in chocolate production- ability to operate all chocolate making equipment and machines
- Possess 2+ years of experience in food production management
- Exceptional time management and problem solving abilities
- Experience managing a KPI (key performance indicator)
- Knowledge of excel and excel formulas
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Ability to work on your feet for long hours
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a willingness to work overtime as needed
- Have a basic knowledge of the chocolate making process (optional)
- Experience in operating commercial packaging equipment (optional)
The ideal candidate: loves approaching the challenges of every day with a positive attitude; embraces leadership and good communication practices; enjoys reaching to achieve the goals; loves being part of a small and passionate team.
Reports to: The Co-Founder
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience. Bonus structure based on exceeding goals.
Raaka exists to provide delicious, innovative, groundbreaking chocolate, and to make a positive impact on our global community while doing so.
Pioneering Chocolate - It’s our distinct pleasure to actively and creatively innovate in chocolate making
Creating jobs we love! - We’re committed to maintaining a positive and supportive work culture grounded in open, honest communication, respect, and hard work.
Social impact - We partner with mission-driven cocoa producers who work hard to produce great cocoa beans, and we always pay a premium for them (generally, at least double the price of commodity cacao).
- Creativity: We love approaching chocolate making and responding to the challenges of small business with creativity.
- Quality: Everything we do, we commit to doing well.
- Joyfulness: Chocolate brings joy! We take a lesson from what it feels like to eat chocolate and practice working from a place of joy and sharing that with others.
- Direct, open, honest communication: We're best off when we understand each other.
- Sustainability: We work to be good stewards of the environment.
- Transparency: Better information leads to better decisions.
- Self-improvement: The workplace is a great place to get better at all kinds of things.
- Community: We’re happiest when we’re connected to those around us.