Brewer Breweress / Cellarman Cellarwoman
Brewer Breweress / Cellarman Cellarwoman
Founded in 2008 and still fiercely independent, Buchi is one of the nation’s early producers of kombucha. With the fast-paced growth of the category, we have responded by building a diversified portfolio of functional beverages that meet the expanding range of consumer preferences.
At Buchi, our simple yet ambitious goal is to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems for the betterment of humanity. We are seeking passionate, collaborative, hardworking changemakers that strive to leverage their skills for positive impact.
Do you love problem solving, working with your hands, exercising your creative powers, detail orientated and working with great folks at a rapidly expanding company? Good because we are looking for you! The ideal candidate for this position will be physically strong, have an aptitude for calm problem solving under pressure, and have previous brewing experience. We are a craft beverage brewery located just outside of Asheville, NC and are scaling rapidly to meet sales demand. We are looking for self motivated long term team members that are hard working, team oriented, problem solvers that have a passion for making a difference in the world.
The primary role of this position is brewing and transferring kombucha and tank cleaning, but will involve many other tasks in the brewery. This is a permanent full-time hourly non-exempt position. In order to help ensure all aspects of this position are performed as expected, measurable metrics will be provided along with regularly scheduled performance reviews. This position reports to the Head Breweress.
- Brew new batches according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) in accordance with the weekly plan
- Keep specific data on amounts of ingredients added and lot numbers
- Cleaning of all brewing equipment used according to SOPs
- Cleaning of fermentation and packaging vessels when empty
- Transfer base product through appropriate filtration to appropriate tank according to SOPs
- Keep and enter data into appropriate spreadsheets: specific data on amounts of product moved, where, when and what filtration level has been used
- Cleaning of all transfer equipment used according to SOPs
- Daily cleaning
- Regular deep cleaning
- Participation in projects as needed
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management
- Fill in on other positions as needed.
Food Safety and Quality responsibilities:
- Follow cGMP policy when going into production
- Understand basics of Pest Control and inform Quality Control when there is a sighting.
- Is aware of food defense / visitor policy and will assist with making sure all visitors are accompanied by an employee at all times.
- Has a thorough understanding of Allergen Management policy and follows appropriate procedures.
- Ensures all cleaning and sanitation policies and procedures are followed per SQF.
- Handles all raw materials per SQF policy and procedures.
- Is aware of Management's Commitment to SQF and will work towards Food Safety and Quality and helps company meet this commitment.
- If there is a problem that involves food quality and safety, it is reported to brewery manager so that the CAPA log may be filled out, the situation be investigated, and resolved with the goal continual improvement of food quality and safety.
*We are a small company and need our employees to be flexible. *Responsibilities/tasks may be added/shifted as company needs develop and become more defined.
- Minimum 1 year Brewer Breweress/ Cellarman Cellarwoman experience
- Forklift and pallet jack experience preferred but not required
- Keen attention to detail
- High standard of cleanliness
- Proficiency with spreadsheet data
- Heightened awareness of safety precautions and hazards for self and others
- Ability to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Ability to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and wet environments
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 65 pounds
- Positive and team oriented attitude
- Ability to put in occasional 10hr shifts
- Ability to be flexible with additional tasks or tasks changing if needed
- Compensation TBD based on experience
- Eligible for Health Insurance Coverage after first 90 days (company covers 80% of individual premium)
- Vision and Dental Coverage offered
- 5 days PTO per calendar year
- PTO accrual for years 1-9 (i,e. 1 year = 1 day .... 9 years = 9 days), a two week all expenses paid trip to Bangladesh after 5 years of employment, 4 week paid sabbatical after 10, 15 and 20 years of employment
- Casual attire
- An ambitious, fun, entrepreneurial environment set in the backdrop of beautiful Asheville, NC
- Free high-quality coffee, cream, and a fully stocked kitchen
- 8 tap kegerator with rotating flavors of Buchi, drink as much as you like while on shift
2nd Shift - Tuesday to Saturday, 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- (Training schedule will be 1st shift 8:30-5:00pm Monday-Friday)
- This is a full-time non-exempt hourly position.
- Brewing requires schedule flexibility. Occasional overtime may be needed.
Buchi Kombucha is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.