Director of Operations and Production
Nutty Goodness LLC
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AND PRODUCTION
Nutty Goodness LLC seeks candidates for the position of Director of Operations and Production. Nutty Goodness is a dynamic, emerging, ‘good for you’ snack brand. We seek applicants that are friendly, outgoing, energetic, assertive, confident, and goal-oriented, with a drive to succeed.
The Director of Operations and Production oversees all elements of production, driving continuous improvement on purchasing, production, labor, product development, and product improvement. This position oversees all daily operations of the factory, from production and manufacturing, developing and implementing policies, procedures, and processes that maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity. In a typical day, the Director will teach skills, demonstrate their ability to lead a team, coach employees, and direct work in a manner that supports and extends our company culture of safety, product and business integrity, and excellence.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing company. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- a technical knowledge of food production;
- food processing and production experience in fresh, frozen, and/or dried products;
- demonstrated supervisory skills with a strong emphasis on fostering a team approach;
- ability to successfully source and manage employees in a positive environment; and
- the ideal candidate will have experience with commercial dehydration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university with major course work in Food Science, Science, Bacteriology or a similar field;
- 3-10 years’ experience in production with increasingly responsible supervisory positions (Note: this position is not designed for a first-time supervisor);
- Technical knowledge of fruit- and vegetable-based food production;
- Sound knowledge and experience with principles and practices of business administration including personnel practices, employment laws and fiscal management practices;
- Appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of circumstances;
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of supervision and training; and
- Computing experience (email, word processing, spreadsheet, internet search, online purchasing, and equipment-specific monitoring software).
An equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted for the above items.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed the expectations of our customers, suppliers, and ownership group;
- Further develop the Nutty Goodness commitment to outstanding product quality and customer service through the codification of innovative technologies and rigorous quality controls Increase production, capacity, and flexibility while improving on current quality standards and minimizing unnecessary costs;
- Manage raw materials and components purchasing, on-time receipts, improved cost structure, and minimized expiration;
- Hold full responsibility for production output, product quality, and on-time shipping;
- Allocate labor, utilities, space, equipment, and cleaning resources effectively, fully utilizing assets to produce optimal results;
- Ensure contractual accuracy and rigor for employees, temporary labor, and vendors;
- Provide a clear sense of direction and focus for operations, in line with Company strategic imperatives;
- Monitor all aspects of operations and trigger corrective actions;
- Collect and analyze data to find places of inefficiency or waste;
- Implement safety procedures for product and plant;
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity, standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on investment;
- Address labor issues or grievances;
- Influence and learn from the wider organization;
- Stay up to date with latest production, operations, and management best practices and concepts; and
- Lead product research and development to create new flavors, improve existing varieties, and expand the product lineup in keeping with the certifications and values of Nutty Goodness.
This is a full-time position located in Charleston, SC, and includes benefits and vacation. Salary is commensurate with qualifications (DOQ). Relocation will be considered. This is a bonus-eligible position.
Email applications only. Please send cover letter, resume, and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org. A pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference check will be completed before final hire. This position is open until filled.
Please: No phone calls, no recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer.