Market Manager: North & South Carolina
Great Wagon Road Distilling Co.
- Drive sales, distribution, and brand growth of Great Wagon Road Distilling Co. spirits portfolio in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Identify and service core markets, key accounts, and regional chains.
- Establish broker and distributor relationships, working with local sales teams to drive sales, increase distribution, and build the brands in the portfolio.
- Develop and execute strategic brand plans including price positioning, broker incentives, on and off premise programming, focus brands, and quarterly key performance indicators.
- Achieve distribution and case sales goals by market and broker/distributor.
- Manage brand projects and tradeshows, budgeting, budget reconciliation, billing, inventory, and ordering.
- Perform on-going business and competitive analyses, provide findings and recommendations for corrective action where appropriate.
- Participate in ongoing brand training.
- Contribute to social media platforms.
- Field work with broker/distributor sales personnel to sell and promote the products. Activities will include assisting the broker/distributor in sales execution, presentation of marketing materials, shelf management, retail pricing & promotions, display positioning, and properly managing inventory to ensure correct on hand to support activity.
- Uses financial and quantitative information effectively to manage the territory; responsible for revenue, profitability, local marketing expenses and T&E.
- Distributor management to monitor adherence to set sales and marketing plan: including KPI and incentives monitoring, POS management, trade blitzs, vendor market visits and addressing any inventory issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts including national chain regional buyers. Own the relationships in these high-profile accounts.
- Present and sample at the broker/distributor sales meeting, when necessary.
- Ensure the broker/distributor partners have all current sales support materials.
- Communicate through weekly reports, as needed, to all parties (GWR & Broker/Distributor personnel) on trade activity, follow up, and assignment of responsibility of follow up.
- Monitor and analyze accounts sold information for each brand; develop and track target account lists and distribution goals to maximize points of distribution.
- Conduct tastings (in-store (where legal), on premise, special events, distributor meetings, trade shows) and staff seminars regularly
- Proficient in marketing and selling strategies
- Ability and willingness for overnight travel as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s license
- Dependable transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and be accountable for results
- Able to command in-depth brand and product knowledge
- Exhibits a passion for adult beverage industry
- Bachelor’s Degree, degree in Marketing and/or Communications preferred
- 3+ years of direct experience marketing and selling wine and/spirits in the beverage alcohol industry
- Ability to multi-task
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Employment Type: Full Time
Category: Alcoholic Beverage
Job Level: Mid-Level
Home or Centralized Office: Home
# of Reports: 0