SALES MANAGER - Part-Time & Full-Time Roles (Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, DC)
SOTO SAKE is a premium Japanese Sake company. With great respect of the past and the historical significance of sake artistry, SOTO brings sake into the modern world with an approachable premium sake in a recognizable bottle. SOTO means ‘outside’ in Japanese: a celebration of the earth’s purest elements brought together to make this premium quality all-natural product: finely polished specialty rice and pristine mountain water from Japan. The expertise of our Toji (brewmaster) ensures a delicate smoothness with a mild taste and elegant aroma. Ingredients matter to us and while we use quality rice and pure water to create our sake, the key ingredient in SOTO is our people.
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
The Sales & Marketing Manager is a hybrid role of direct sales coupled with a strong trade marketing focus. This person will be flexible in balancing sales objectives while assisting with key marketing, event, and public relations initiatives. Working on a start-up brand, this person needs to act entrepreneurially and get the job done.
The Sales & Marketing Manager represents the SOTO brand and will educate key trade stakeholders and consumers about the brand and provide innovative business & hospitality solutions for their assigned key account universe. The person will also identify opportunities across key strategic partners and be on the pulse of new account openings.
This role will be accountable for both quantitative & qualitative objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of field sales experience
- Relevant experience across beverage alcohol or consumer packaged goods
- Frequent travel to accounts and customer sites
- Previous budget management / resource allocation experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS office and related applications
- Solid presentation skills
- Ability to manage distributor personnel and to create, maintain, and build professional relationships
- Performance monitoring, goal setting, training and coaching
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Desire to succeed
- A great attitude is integral to join this faced paced company
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
SOTO SAKE is an equal opportunity employer. We pledge equal access to employment, facilities, and programs, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.