LA/OC Grocery Sales Representative
Après has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual who is ambitious, ready to make a difference, and promote Après. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the fitness and wellness industry and live in the LA/OC area.
This position is the face of our company and our connection to accounts, customers and distributors in the greater LA and OC area. The primary goal is to open new grocery accounts and ensure that product moves quickly off the shelf. This person will use interpersonal skills to build our brand through the execution of sales in the territory, including creating and strengthening relationships with existing accounts and distributors, identifying and closing new sales opportunities, hitting VPO targets, executing on shelf placement in store, and organizing demos and events as needed.
What you will be responsible for doing:
- Assist in the development of quarterly territory sales plans for achieving sales figures
- Create a database of new grocery accounts and execute on a sales plan to open as many doors as possible in your assigned territory
- Support current accounts throughout assigned territory to hit VPO targets by building and maintaining relationships with buyers/decision makers. Educate account staff regarding our brand and product and find opportunities for more shelf placement in store.
- Perform merchandising at accounts during visits, as appropriate
- Perform research to stay in-the-loop regarding account openings & staffing changes; actively seek out and target new prospective accounts.
- Conduct tastings or work with local brand reps to support accounts and events
- Educate distributor reps and managers about our brand and product through regular in-person, phone and email communications
- Distribute marketing materials and assist marketing team to develop more materials as needed
- Distribute and merchandise product to stores outside of our distribution network
- Work with Après team to coordinate demo plans
Who we are looking for:
- A great team player with a “can do” attitude
- Goal driven and has “thick skin”. They are not afraid of no
- Has the ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Willing to learn and get their hands dirty
- Passion and knowledge for health and wellness
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct oversight
- Creative in how she/he thinks about strategy and potential new sources of growth
- Travel within territory at least 70% of the time to visit accounts
- Current, valid Driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record and reliable vehicle
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Full-time entry level role. No experience needed
- Car allowance
- First-hand experience growing a new brand in health and wellness
- We offer a competitive salary and commissions
Please answer these questions and send along with your resume to email@example.com
What relevant experience do you have?
What are you expecting to get out of this role / position?