Sr. Category Manager
Bedrock Analytics is a software company that develops & sells an innovative application that helps CPGs better compete in the marketplace and win at retail. Bedrock is looking for an exceptional individual to service existing customers with our software platform as a Sr. Customer Success Manager. You should have a proven track record of analyzing data, training colleagues and managing customer relationships. You understand the lingo of the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, an expert at syndicated data and enjoy interacting with customers. You can relate to the customer and are interested in the different ways data can be organized, analyzed, and visualized to help customers tell more impactful selling stories to grow their companies at retail. You are comfortable with being an advisor to our customers' senior staff and can recommend insights on the fly.
ABOUT YOU AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You understand CPG. You know the data that drives the CPG industry and have a firm grasp of the measures, geographies, data nuances and can explain how to leverage syndicated data to a CPG sales executive. You are agile with systems and can handle dealing with multiple data sets and testing your customer’s data before you send out the update notification with a few key snapshots of their latest trends. You know IRI, Nielsen or SPINS.
- You serve the customer. Your awesome personality and steely analytical skills can help you master web demos, customer training and all-around customer support. You’re motivated by a satisfied customer and solution-oriented selling. You deliver quality presentations to potential customers and are readily available to help solve any problem a customer may have.
- You can solve analytical problems you have never seen before and turn them around into solutions for our customers. You can communicate insights to all users of all departments with a concise and clear messaging.
- You manage communication. You’re excited to be the trusted advisor for your customers and are glad to share our latest technology updates or training information with them. You share all their constructive feedback with the development team and return a response to each of their requests. It is your pleasure to keep everyone in the loop with what’s going on.
- You enjoy your work. We work hard, but we care a lot about team spirit and collaboration. We also try not to take ourselves too seriously.
- You serve in a data and insight advisory role to CPG CEOs, VPs and sales managers.
- You are comfortable managing a team of skilled category analysts and managers.
- BA/BS degree with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Hungry, yet polished and ethical in your approach to customers & data
- Experience with pulling large quantities of data from IRI or Nielsen
- At least 3 years of experience in analytics in the CPG utilizing multiple sources of data including shipment, panel, scan and market research
- At least 1 year of experience with client facing experience, internal or external, recommending insights to stakeholders
- Deep understanding of converting data into selling stories
- Excellent Excel skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills and relationship building
- This position is full-time and on-site in our Oakland, CA office
- Competitive salary
- Generous option grants
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work environment
- Fun workplace