Canning Line Operator
Boomhut Mobile Canning
Canning Line Operator – Thousand Oaks, CA
Boomhut Mobile Canning is a premium mobile canning company that packages beverages into cans for many of Southern & Central California’s craft breweries and wineries. We package beverages into 12oz, 16oz, 19.2oz and 375ml cans. We operate an industry-leading Wild Goose canning system that can package up to 75bbls per day. We also have a nitrogen doser (for still beverages and beers on nitro), date coder, and fully automated depalletizer. For more information about us, check out our website at www.boomhutcanning.com or give us a follow on social media.
We are looking to fill one full-time experienced canning line operator position. A lead canning line operator runs canning line onsite at customer facilities, working in different locations each week, and supervises the operation of runs to ensure an efficient high-quality packaging service.
Compensation is commensurate to packaging experience - specifically, operating a Wild Goose canning line.
You must be a reliable and motivated individual who takes pride in your work. We are a small family business looking for hardworking, honest people that are passionate about providing excellent customer service. This position requires flexibility in scheduling and occasional overnight stays.
The lead canning line operator serves as the Site Manager of each job, taking lead on both operation of our equipment and communication with the client. You will work closely with clients to improve efficiencies and leave client with product ready for distribution. You must be able to work safely in a fast paced, production environment while managing an assistant operator.
- Follow safety procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Successful calibration of the product, occasionally under difficult, out-of-spec conditions
- Troubleshooting mechanical problems that may arise during a job
- Extensive pre-and post-job cleaning and sanitizing of equipment
- Lead on completing paperwork for canning run, quality control, timesheets, and more
- Working closely with brewery owners, head brewers and additional staff
- Operating company commercial vehicles safely, ensuring all necessary supplies are loaded and secured appropriately
- Managing assistant canning line operator
Ideal candidates display the following qualities:
Experience - Preferred
- Previous Wild Goose canning line experience
- Work experience in skilled trades
- Operating box trucks/large vehicles
- Exposure to depalletizer equipment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of any of the following principals and applications: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, mechanics
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment on-site
- Attentiveness, quick reaction and decision-making skills
- Great verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of beer and brewing process
- Leadership skills and abilities
- Valid driver's license, with clean driving record
- Traveling to facilities throughout the Southern & Central California area
- Job starts and ends each day in Thousand Oaks, CA
- Infrequent overnight travel around the region - accommodations and meals covered
- Most days will be 12 hours and could include irregular hours
- Able to lift over 50 pounds and stand throughout your shift
- Willingness to work around potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals
- Willingness to work in an environment with elevated noise levels while utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment
Boomhut Mobile Canning offers a competitive salary.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with CANNING LINE OPERATOR in the subject line.