VP of Marketing and Sales
Som Cane Vinegar Cordial
VP Sales and Marketing- Som Cane Vinegar Cordials
Som Cane Vinegar Cordials is a strong contender in the burgeoning on-premise non-alcoholic beverage space, with dedicated and passionate founders. Leveraging an 8-year history in the restaurant and natural foods streams, in association with founder Chef Andy Ricker of Pok Pok Restaurants fame, we’ve built a compelling brand image and liquid excellence in the bottle. Som is poised for national market expansion, all we need is you! We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced team leader who can apply their marketing, sales and managerial expertise in the on-premise space to push the company to its ultimate goal of becoming a nationwide market leader in the exciting and rapidly growing spirit free movement.
Branding and Marketing
- Develop our brand story and bring it to life throughout all of our messaging
- Oversee the development and implementation of an integrated social media strategy
- Demonstrate an understanding of analytical tools
- Overall responsibility for Som Cordialbrand advocacy, driving awareness and velocity of top opportunity brands.
- Can Aanticipatenew trends and developments in the market and is able to derive and define comprehensive prioritiesto avoid . Is able to envision potential risks or delaysin definedplans and can make contingency plans to mitigate envisioned risks.
- Analyze and respond to industry reporting;develop sales plans based on provided data
- Stays current with trends by attending local marketing events and establishing relationships/developing events with branded partners. who reach consumers who are likely to visit Som Cordial’s key accounts.
- Create the sales and marketing plan to bring Som Cordials towidea national market
- Identify, hire and strategically managea national sales teams.in all markets
- Develop and manage distribution relationships and strategies that maximize brand availability, training and inventory management.
- Be the primary lead in establishing strong, meaningful relationships with the most influential on-premise accounts in target markets- designated by assigned territory.
- Grow NSV and GP within assigned territories
- Lead salesof Som Cordial in all markets by developing and securing programs including menu placements, drink features, well opportunities, and best in class share of space on the back bar.
- Builds visibility and account business for Som Cordial by planning trade events and providing education materials for distributors, sales team and end users.
- LeveragesBrand Ambassadors to drive brand advocacy through staff trainings, social netwoowrking and events.
- Ensures alignment withthe distributor partners linked tothe accounts through joint sales planning, sellingstrategies, and execution, ensuring Som Cordialthe brand receives greater than its fair share of the business due to the investment and relationship with top accounts.
- Understands the competitive landscape and works to gain a competitive advantage though creative programming, menu placements, promotions, and events.
- Leveragesand adheresto T&E and BI budgets to plan and manage spend against account opportunities
- Workcloselys with Managementr to utilize analytical tools to evaluate performance, identify opportunities, and assess ROI.
- Develop and implement monthly, annual and long-term strategic plans
- Lead brand development and market positioning plan for the company
- Exhibit financial planning/analysis and cash resource management expertise
- Review performance against operating plans, analyze market conditions and recommend changes
- Create plans to control budget spending, labor efficiency, and material efficiency to insure profitability
- Oversee financial/accounting processes, evaluate financial performance with company owners?
- Form and/or leverage strong and mutually beneficial relationships with influential industry leaders and decision makers
- Ability to excel both in defining strategy and focused work to execute as needed
- Provide leadership and advise operations team on day to day running of company
Job The Opportunityies
- Equity/ profits interest agreement available to the right candidate
- Strong opportunity for entrepreneurship – building the brand for an eventual sale of company to major industry leader
- Development of meaningful image as “game maker” in marketplace, organically building events, opportunities and creative partnerships with local groups to drive brand relevance
- Collaboration with owner/founder/chef and his food and bar world contacts to leverage placement and brand prominence.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in the Alcoholic Beverage industry
- High level sales experiencewith a successful track record
- Excellent influencing skills
- Commercial Mindset
- Track record of successfully bringing a brand to wide market resulting in sale to larger entity.
- Strong reputation with distributor, key account personnel, local influencers, and industry trade groups
- Wide knowledge across spirits categories in order to engage thoughtfully on full brand portfolio
- Experience with influential customers and/or channel management experience
- Analytical capabilities
- Passion for the Som Cordial brandproduct we sell
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Effective budget management capabilities