Sales Director, CPG
Premium cafe and coffee brand, Bluestone Lane, is on the lookout for an experienced Sales Director, CPG to join our fast growing team here in NYC. This position will be based out of our NYC Headquarters located in the Financial District.
The Sales Director, CPG is responsible for growing the Bluestone Lane brand via targeted channels and retailers to achieve sustained market penetration. The Sales Director, CPG will be scrappy and diligent, working at both the strategic and tactical levels to unlock growth. Key objectives include building effective relationships with buyers, sales planning and forecast accuracy, trade planning and promotional execution, new item speed to shelf, broker and distributor management, and retail execution.
Our team benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Competitive industry rate plus tips
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
- Generous company discounts
- Healthcare (for full-time staff)
- Fun team events
- Great working environment & company culture
The ideal candidate:
- Oversee the development and implementation of an annual sales plan for designated accounts that achieves distribution & velocity assumptions. Determine strategy for delivering on financial targets, then focus resources to execute accordingly.
- Develop and grow high-level relationships with key customers and personnel, calling on all classes of trade. Transform key retailers into business partners.
- Identify and develop new profitable business opportunities within regional and national retail accounts.
- Identify optimal brokers and distributors, and manage them. Ensure execution of channel and customer plans, including assortment, merchandising, pricing, and shelving.
- Provide annual sales and expense budget forecast; monitor actual performance vs. budget, adjusting the plan as needed to reach Bluestone Lane sales and profit objectives.
- Establish, lead, and communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to inform supply chain response and financial forecast for existing and new accounts.
- Coordinate sales events and regional distributor shows as necessary; work with sales & marketing support staff to meet administrative requirements. Attend trade shows and expos as requested, assist with coordination of booth set up/tear down.
Skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of proven success in CPG sales, with a focus in natural and conventional channels of trade
- 5+ years' experience as a sales manager in the beverage or natural product industry
- Proficiency in sales forecasting and expense budgeting
- Must maintain flexibility to travel (50% of time or greater)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of market positioning and competitive dynamics to pinpoint white-space areas for the brand to succeed
- Excellent grasp of "retail math" including calculation of margins and trade pricing scenarios
- Passion for Bluestone Lane, the coffee category, and an active health & wellness lifestyle
- Strong leadership qualities has the ability to motivate and inspire
- Entrepreneurial an "owner-operator" mentality
- Ability to tell a good brand story be a true ambassador and advocate for the brand
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) as well as Google Suite and collaborative working platforms
- Ability to analyze syndicated data
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience