Territory Sales Manager - New York, NY
Lundberg Family Farms
Purpose and Key Results of the Position
The Territory Manager oversees and manages the sales and representation of Lundberg Family Farms products, focusing on all business in a designated geographical area. The Territory Manager communicates with the Director of Sales and Vice President of Sales regarding new product execution, sales issues, and provides input regarding new products per present and future market needs.
- Rollout new product launches in market for key customers, drive an increased in-store presence, and attain market leadership for all Lundberg Family Farms products.
- Seek out new business opportunities within the assigned territory (Natural, Independent, Ethnic, Foodservice, etc.).
- Achieve territory sales goals by penetrating all levels and functions of distributor/customer, broker, and retailer.
- Present new products and participate in category reviews with customers.
- Manage promotional pricing, distributor impact, and account specific promotional events.
- Execute promotional plans within budget.
- Understand and align brand strategies with account plans.
- Provide input on account capabilities to marketing in the development of brand and account strategies.
- Analyze available data to understand trends at the account.
- Manage distributor communication to Company and Regional Sales Managers.
- Attend Regional and National Trade Shows as needed.
- Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow employees within the regulations of all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Director of Sales to achieve department and company business goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of a computers, PC or Mac.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Beginning to intermediate knowledge of Club, Drug, and Mass class of trade.
- Advanced ability to manage multiple brokers.
- Knowledge of natural foods industry.
- Excellent grammatical skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors, and managers at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing, or related field.
- Two years of relevant experience in sales, preferably within the food industry.
- Must maintain a valid CA driver’s license or in the state of residence and meet insurability standards of our auto insurance carrier.
- Natural/ Organic Food Industry experience.
Work area is in an inside environment with moderate temperatures and low background noise. Position also requires traveling by car and plane with corresponding work environments. Over 50% travel.
Physical Requirements for Performing Essential Duties
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 50% of the work time is spent at customers, distributors, and brokers in their environments. 50% of work time is spent in front of a computer workstation.
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
Vision: Ability to effectively interpret information on a computer screen and printed materials. Ability to differentiate various kinds of products.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift, hold, and carry up to 40 lbs. for a short distance.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to stoop and/or kneel to access equipment and/or product when needed.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to retrieve and work with appropriate equipment and supplies.