Director of Sales East
Director of Sales East
4505 Meats is a San Francisco company dedicated to food sustainability, a natural & healthy supply chain, and making our delicious snacks accessible to people everywhere! Our flagship product is a natural and artisanal chicharron (pork rind), that we sell in multiple retail and digital channels. We partner with small farmers and ranchers to produce the highest quality products from animals raised humanely, and never treated with hormones or antibiotics. Our company culture is characterized by passion and hard work, and we are looking to grow our team.
We are seeking a Director of Sales East to captain all retail accounts and channels for the Eastern US. We’re looking for a tenacious sales professional with experience managing brokers, driving key account authorizations, and growing velocity. This position is going to greatly impact our success in the East, and reports to the VP of Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive retail performance by meeting with brokers, key accounts, and distributors (50-60% travel required)
- Accountable to measurable performance objectives for meeting revenue, velocity and ACV goals.
- Provide leadership and clear objective setting amongst broker network to ensure positive relationships, accountability, and performance.
- Build effective sales presentations by utilizing insights and trends developed through review and analysis of category, performance metrics, trends, competition and ROM data
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of effective promotion strategies, including post-promo analysis to make adjustments to future plans.
- Collaborate with operations and marketing peers to ensure all programs and support vehicles are optimized and delivering on customer needs.
- Manage all promotional planning and trade spend, and review and reconcile bill backs from customers.
- Conduct regular review of Customer P&L to drive out inefficiencies and identify opportunities to drive top and bottom line growth.
- Accurately forecast growth and total sales
- Participate in trade shows and sales events
- Hard-working, self motivated, ambitious, collaborative and flexible
- Thrives in a ‘do-what-it-takes”, entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum 7 years of Sales experience in consumer product goods, preferably in natural or conventional channel for grocery, salty snack - “category disruptor” experience a plus.
- Data Driven (Spins, IRI, etc) selling experience and ability to understand and analyze category trends and metrics
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to effectively implement process
- Microsoft Office proficient particularly in Excel & presentation building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A love of our product and ability to be its evangelist in the field and a passion for natural and sustainable products
- Knowledge or experience with paleo/keto lifestyle or communities a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel, and close access to major hub airport on the West Coast.
- Must be able to safely lift 40+ pounds and stand for up to 8 hours at a time
- Valid Drivers License
4505 Meats is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please respond to this posting with your resume.