Foodservice Sales Manager
The Republic of Tea
Our Foodservice Sales Manager develops, manages and coordinates all new and existing Foodservice business across our targeted channels on a direct basis in the New York City Market.
Targeted Foodservice channels include quality multi-unit restaurants, fast-casual concepts, cafes, coffee-shops, hotels & resorts, and colleges & universities.
- Strong knowledge of tea is essential.
- Experienced selling direct to Operator’s, custom tea-based beverage programs that range from iced tea programs to traditional hot tea service to tea sodas.
- New customer development and foodservice cold-calling experience is essential -must possess a "Hunter" mentality.
- Diligently research, identify and call on new prospects in accordance with company strategies and develop a robust new business pipeline.
- Develop and present dynamic, conceptual sales presentations and proposals (both verbal and written) to key decision makers.
- Partner with clients to analyze beverage menus and offer customized tea solutions to add value.
- Independently identify customer needs and works closely with Marketing, Product Development, and other staff to deliver marketable customized tea products in concert with customer needs.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Manage ongoing strategic relationships with key existing customers and provide Tea education of new services and products.
- Provide support to key customers by training sales personnel, participating in food shows, coordinating samples, and handling special requests.
- Conduct on-site tea tastings from start to finish as well as answering questions about all our products and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of experience in gourmet, natural or specialty Foodservice sales
- Prior broker management experience
- A proven track record of sales achievement in an upscale industry
- Experience with tea
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with demonstrated mastery of using PowerPoint to create effective sales presentations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and tactical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Advocate of our brand
- Reports weekly on business development efforts via written and verbal reports
- Evaluate product marketability in terms of customer needs.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the products and industry trends.
- Achieve company revenue goals and strategic initiatives
- Work within T&E and promotional budget guidelines
- Works remotely, and requires frequent business travel