Lead Packing Technician
On Us LLC
On Us has an opportunity open for a Lead Packaging Technician to take responsibility for our new bottling line. Our process is automated beginning to end & we are searching for an individual to utilize their experience to maximize the equipment’s potential.
Lead Packaging Technician is responsible for the direct supervision and coordinating all of the aspects of our production. This leadership position will work closely with the management team to ensure on time and on target production. The Lead Packaging Technician adheres to the organization’s policies as well as health and safety policies and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct oversight of all packaging operations
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to properly monitor and maintain Krones production line
- Coordinate with the Planning and Procurement Coordinator to obtain batch tickets and identify products to be packaged as per customer requirements.
- Identify product inventory or quality issues in production and packaging areas, and report them to the SQF Manager or Quality Manager.
- Supervise employees on the production and packaging areas; provide guidance with the production and customer requirements.
- Ensure proper personnel resources are in place to maintain the required production and coordinate with management in providing approval for leaves of absences (vacation, personal, birthdays), and request additional personnel from temporary placement agencies when required.
- Maintain and enforce a high level of housekeeping abiding by the C.L.E.A.N. program
- Help to develop and enforce company policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Supervise a team of production and packaging employees, including delegation, performance evaluation, disciplinary action, and participate in hiring, training, and termination decisions.
- Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions
- Responsible for GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety and quality and be aware of SQF System Program
- Maintain and ensure safety compliance
- Develop and implement cGMP and HAACP plans.
- Identify, track, and report on department KPIs.
- Communicate clear objectives and goals to the production team through communications and regular meetings.
- Troubleshoot issues on production floor as necessary.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience including accountability for the efficient operation of a food manufacturing operation.
- Leadership experience in risk management.
- Experience in documenting business processes, optimizing productivity and leveraging technology to achieve desired outcomes
- Knowledge of issues related to management of a ‘lean’ operation including: work planning, resource allocation, inventory control, scheduling, materials, information technology and human resources.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and management practices to prevent or manage risk and potential losses.
- Leadership and supervisory skills in motivating and managing human capital within the organization to achieve results
- Superior employee communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to build relationships with others who do not share his/her adaptability in this regard.
- Capable of using software
- Ability to work with other business disciplines: sales, finance, production, accounting, materials, and human resources.
- Ability to be assertive without being outwardly aggressive in dealings with others
- Flexible schedule – evening / weekend schedule may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.