National Account Manager - Conventional Channel
DRY Soda, Inc
National Account Manager - Conventional Channel
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic National Account Manager - Conventional Channel, to join DRY’s sales team. This position will have a laser focus on growing our Kroger, Ahold, HEB, and Safeway business along with other independent accounts. This role requires someone that is enthusiastic and has experience working with UNFI and KeHE, brokers, and has strong relationships with conventional buyers. The ideal candidate is developed in all sales processes (customer, distributor, operations planning, selling, etc.) and has the ability to successfully navigate the retail channel as well as understand how to leverage relationships between UNFI/KeHE and brokers. This critical role is responsible for driving DRY sales nationally. Responsibilities include gaining new distribution, develop and execute promotional spending, develop sales presentations, use SPINS for post promotional analysis, and manage brokers to ensure contract submission.
DRY Soda Company creates beautifully flavored, lightly sweet sodas, made with just a handful of ingredients. Founded in Seattle in 2005 by a mother of four, DRY’s products honor the real flavors of fruit, flowers, herbs, and spices. With a commitment to simple ingredients, artistry, community, and most of all, flavor, DRY Soda Company is challenging the status quo and showing the world that not all sodas are created equal.
DRY’s Sparkling Soda line features ten culinary-inspired flavors, sweetened with a touch of cane sugar, available in 12 oz. glass bottles, slim 12 oz. cans, four-packs, and seasonal 750 mL Celebration bottles. DRY Zero Sugar Sodas are USDA Organic and available in four bright and bubbly varieties in 12 oz. cans and 6-packs. DRY Soda Co.’s beverages are sold in thousands of stores and restaurants across North America. For more information, visit www.drysoda.com.
We’re looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about food and beverage - You may even consider yourself a foodie
- Reliable - You have shown consistent employment and/or commitment to an organization
- Strong Communicator - You can communicate clearly and concisely to a team
- Entrepreneurial - You are passionate about working with a growing company, excited to take on new challenges and opportunities, and eager to go above and beyond
- Strong leader - You have the unique ability to lead and inspire others to do their best!
- Seasoned in the industry - You have experience working with customers and distributors, etc.
- Self-motivated – You can work independently in your market and thrive in a team setting
- Develops, maintains and communicates with customers, brokers, and distributor account managers and DRY management. Maintains the direct relationship with Retail Buyers, not relying on brokers to manage our business.
- Executes action plans to grow DRY Soda Co. brand and sales with existing and new business.
- Expands DRY Soda Co. distribution revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, correct pricing, increased velocity, and effective promotional calendars.
- Develops, aligns, communicates, tracks and reports Monthly Business Objectives (MBOs) to all direct reports and up to Senior Sales Management
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout region as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Aligns UNFI account managers with DRY Soda Co. National Accounts strategy, holds distributor accountable to execution on National Accounts strategy, executes and holds distributors accountable to authorizations, programs, features, displays, and pricing.
- Plans, manages time, and prioritizes as necessary to align efforts with company goals.
- Creates and maintains strong, long-term relationships with our in-house DRY Soda Co. support team, distributors, and retail partners.
- Minimum 5 years in the CPG industry, and preferably beverage/food success and experience.
- Proven track record of customer relationships with Kroger, Ahold, UNFI/KeHE headquarter management.
- Proven success with business development, and effective promotional spending.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of forecasting, points of distribution, rate of sale and volume driving planning and execution.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, promotions, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution.
- Travel up to 50% a month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a car/transportation allowance, equity, performance bonus, generous PTO package, full medical / dental / vision / life / LTD benefits and a 401K w/ match after 6 months.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with National Account Manager – Conventional Channel Sales as the subject line.